Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Site  (Read 3289 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 09:58:42 »

It's been pretty poor of late. They were problably the last to provide news and images of PdC's arrival, behind the likes of Sky and BBC.

The season ticket story says the deadline for phase 2 is 31st May, yet they sent me an email saying it's been extended to 30th June (the same poster is displayed next to the above story with the wrong date).

Then today they post the transfer tracker news with our manager as 'to be confirmed' and no news of Prutton's departure.

Keep up to date OS!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 10:12:02 »

EMAIL chrissmith@swindontownfc.co.uk
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 10:13:08 »

Thanks Gazza, I think I will.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 10:21:44 »

I thought the same, at 2pm on Monday it was still showing as "TOWN WAIT FOR DICANIO ARRIVAL: 11AM PRESS CONFERENCE SCHEDULED" which I thought was a bit poor as traffic on that site would have been through the roof at that time. The Times was the first site I think with pics, reaction, interviews etc....
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 10:24:08 »

Is that site actually run by the club?
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 10:26:15 »

Is that site actually run by the club?

Yes I am 99% certain they do. I Think they use a template thing that all the club websites do but they maintain the site content,  news, articles, photos, videos etc.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 10:26:35 »

No, it is run by PremiumTV, same as the matchday online commentary.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 10:27:14 »

No, it is run by PremiumTV, same as the matchday online commentary.

The club update the content on the site though. Its like Vital Football they all look the same but the editors (or in this instance the club) maintain the content.
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 11:45:14 »

its updated in house at the County Ground .. I know because I applied for the post and didnt get it ..

too slow .. not enough digital media connection either - via twitter and facebook

(now me I wouldve been at it 24 hours a day!)

I used to be Fatbury
eastoe

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 12:50:53 »

It's been pretty poor of late. They were problably the last to provide news and images of PdC's arrival, behind the likes of Sky and BBC.

The season ticket story says the deadline for phase 2 is 31st May, yet they sent me an email saying it's been extended to 30th June (the same poster is displayed next to the above story with the wrong date).

Then today they post the transfer tracker news with our manager as 'to be confirmed' and no news of Prutton's departure.

Keep up to date OS!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 13:30:46 »

I'm finding comfort in the fact that all we have to moan about at the moment is the club's website  Grin
eastoe

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 14:38:58 »

Keep up to date OS!
In my opinion it's one of the best football sites around,you don't get half the information that is generated on the STFC site,on other clubs sites.
STFC player is excellent (if you bother to subscribe) and there are lots of articles and information printed daily on the site.
Monday was an extremely busy day at the club and I am sure the staff there were very busy trying to get all the news out to you as soon as possible, so how about cutting them a bit of slack for once!
 Maybe thats a bit too much for those who just like to criticise and moan without any thought for those who work hard and try their best! (No I don't work for the club.just supported them for over forty years!)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 14:40:41 »

Blimey, calm down!

Don't work at the club, hmmmm!  Hmmm

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 14:43:49 »

In my opinion it's one of the best football sites around,you don't get half the information that is generated on the STFC site,on other clubs sites.
STFC player is excellent (if you bother to subscribe) and there are lots of articles and information printed daily on the site.
Monday was an extremely busy day at the club and I am sure the staff there were very busy trying to get all the news out to you as soon as possible, so how about cutting them a bit of slack for once!
 Maybe thats a bit too much for those who just like to criticise and moan without any thought for those who work hard and try their best! (No I don't work for the club.just supported them for over forty years!)

People pay for membership to that site, so they are well within their rights to complain. Innit!
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 14:45:51 »

also the customer is always right - If I was running the site and there were complaints (and yes I would check) I would take them with the grace intended ... its not a personal attack just a statement that our expectations as customers arent being met at present .. we could of course be wrong ... its just our opinion

I used to be Fatbury
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: