Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you believe in god?  (Read 20498 times)
Wiggler

« Reply #135 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 13:40:30 »

I'm not religious in the slightest. I class myself as an agnostic which is someone who accepts the possibility of a higher power. Calling me a 'God nut' has entirely missed my point. (But then, as you come across as a total dick, with no interest in anyone's opinion but your own, it's not surprising).

No one on here has tried to jam their opinion down anyone's throat. Apart from the few, like you, who are so far up their own arse they believe they've got the definitive answer to something that can't, definitively, be answered.

You're a prick and a tiresome one.

Now you're resorting to insults, the mark of a feeble mind by the way 

Using your previous example, I say you're a god nut - prove you're not.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #136 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 13:43:34 »

Now you're resorting to insults, the mark of a feeble mind by the way 

Using your previous example, I say you're a god nut - prove you're not.

Let's try this........

For what reason(s) do you think that there is no god?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 13:49:04 »

Q: How was the universe created?
A: Created in the micro-seconds immediately following the Big Bang.

Q: So what started the Big Bang?
A: [Insert answer here]

Science is, at present, unable to provide an answer to that question because the laws of nature/physics as we currently understand them only came in to being themselves immediately after the Big Bang.  (If you go back a little further to the time of the singularity itself, the laws break down.)

So until it is possible to explain how the event that created the universe was started itself, I think it is entirely reasonable to invoke an intervention of some kind from an outside influence.  To some, that outside influence is a god.  And the belief in a god is, contrary to Wiggler's assertion, very much grounded in reality.

Wiggler, you do yourself no favours at all by deriding those who disagree with your views.  Some religious people are nutters, I'll grant you, but not all by any means.  I can promise you that there are folk on both sides of this argument who are a damned sight more intelligent than you are.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 23, 2011, 13:50:52 by Ardiles » Logged
Wiggler

« Reply #138 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 13:55:38 »

Let's try this........

For what reason(s) do you think that there is no god?

What do you mean by god? A man in the clouds? I've been on a lot of planes and never seen anyone sat up there  Eek

I do however believe in the talking polar bear that lives in my garden. but he's never there when anyone comes round. That doesn't prove he doesn't exist though, because I say he does.
 Grin
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 13:58:22 »

What do you mean by god? A man in the clouds?

Haven't we got 10 pages of those with some kind of faith explaining what they mean by God? And how many of them said 'man in the clouds'?

Grow up.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #140 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 13:59:49 »

What do you mean by god?

It's up to you how you define god.

What makes you so sure that there is no god, whatever that may be to you?
Wiggler

« Reply #141 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 14:08:07 »

It's up to you how you define god.

What makes you so sure that there is no god, whatever that may be to you?

Wait a minute you're twisting my melon man, are you derren brown or something? or at the least a top clinical psychologist Zzz

It's these catchall phrases like "it's up to you how you define god" or "god moves in mysterious ways" or some other such wishy washy bullshit which are at the cornerstone of  the church and organised religion.

Answering a question with a question is biblebasher 101 and sort of proves the point...
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 14:09:44 »

Wait a minute you're twisting my melon man, are you derren brown or something? or at the least a top clinical psychologist Zzz

It's these catchall phrases like "it's up to you how you define god" or "god moves in mysterious ways" or some other such wishy washy bullshit which are at the cornerstone of  the church and organised religion.

Answering a question with a question is biblebasher 101 and sort of proves the point...

Fishing.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #143 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 14:11:38 »

Which just goes to confirm that this topic is way too profound for you.

Wiggler

« Reply #144 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 14:12:10 »

Q: How was the universe created?
A: Created in the micro-seconds immediately following the Big Bang.

Q: So what started the Big Bang?
A: [Insert answer here]

Science is, at present, unable to provide an answer to that question because the laws of nature/physics as we currently understand them only came in to being themselves immediately after the Big Bang.  (If you go back a little further to the time of the singularity itself, the laws break down.)

So until it is possible to explain how the event that created the universe was started itself, I think it is entirely reasonable to invoke an intervention of some kind from an outside influence.  To some, that outside influence is a god.  And the belief in a god is, contrary to Wiggler's assertion, very much grounded in reality.

Wiggler, you do yourself no favours at all by deriding those who disagree with your views.  Some religious people are nutters, I'll grant you, but not all by any means.  I can promise you that there are folk on both sides of this argument who are a damned sight more intelligent than you are.

I can guarantee there are zero people on the god squad side of the argument approaching anything near my level of intelligence  

On the real world side, it's possible, although I haven't seen any evidence of that on here yet so I'd say not. Until I see proof to the contrary  Hmmm
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #145 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 14:13:39 »

Surely this is a troll?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 14:17:12 »

What a fucking tool.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 14:20:42 »

Surely this is a troll?

You hadn't got that already? He's The_Plagiarist.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #148 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 14:22:44 »

You hadn't got that already? He's The_Plagiarist.

Doh!

I saw that mentioned in another thread. What a fool I've been
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 14:33:55 »

Dont feel bad BR, the man is a complete and utter prick, ignore the twat and hopefully he will disappear up his own arse in a cloud of smoke

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: