Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you believe in god?  (Read 20619 times)
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 10:55:12 »

I agree with you reeves - although slightly confused as to why the bible is something "everybody needs to hear" ??

Why ?

Wise men say........
Wiggler

« Reply #121 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 11:01:17 »

No, God does not exist.
Religion is a control mechanism to keep the weak minded in their place.
 Yes
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 11:03:31 »

No, God does not exist.
Religion is a control mechanism to keep the weak minded in their place.
 Yes

That's your opinion. It's not fact as you can neither prove or disprove his existence.
You may have a point about religion though...

It's All Good..............
Wiggler

« Reply #123 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 11:46:09 »

That's your opinion. It's not fact as you can neither prove or disprove his existence.
You may have a point about religion though...

No such thing as the burden of disproof buddy, hate to break it to you.

God does not exist unless anyone can prove otherwise   
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 11:53:12 »

No such thing as the burden of disproof buddy, hate to break it to you.

God does not exist unless anyone can prove otherwise   

Conversley, God does exist unless you can prove otherwise.

And has anyone ever told you that excessive use of moronic smilies is the mark of a feeble mind?

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #125 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 11:55:50 »

I never trust a man who laughs at his own jokes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 12:06:52 »

There is a good theory hidden in here (if you can be bothered to read it) Smiley

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/richard_carrier/theory.html
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 12:09:51 »

I think Hinduism has got it right, personally.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 12:24:42 »

As Eddie Izzard once said "religions are philosophies with some good ideas, and some fucking weird ones".......

.......which I tend to agree with despite being a catholic and regularly attending mass.

What I believe in is faith - and I use the church as a means of exercising that faith. I like the fact that I have something else to believe in and something that I get strength from when things are tough.

Do I think that god is a beardy bloke sat on a cloud ? er no... do I think there is a higher power that we refer to as god ? Yes.

Before you chose to shoot me down let me say this - I don't judge people for not believing or for believing in other things. I don't try and convince people that they are wrong - I happy that people believe what they want. I watch documentaries like Brian Cox's and I am amazed by them and the things I learn from them.

But does it change my "faith" - no. For me its not about who did what when and how, its about how I chose to live my life.

Wiggler

« Reply #129 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 12:46:53 »

And has anyone ever told you that excessive use of moronic smilies is the mark of a feeble mind?

they have now  :gay:
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 12:53:19 »

But the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it - it proves that god exists therefore he doesn't

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 13:09:20 »

God does exist, and he runs a sports shop in Old Town Smiley
Wiggler

« Reply #132 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 13:17:25 »

I've dealt with the god squad first hand, I know how futile it is to try and rationalise with these people. They've either been brainwashed since birth, or their weak mindedness does not allow them to accept reality. It is the perfect defense mechanism, as evidenced by the god nut above using the old "prove he doesn't exist" line.

The trouble with using that line is it has no place in reality, therefore makes you look a bit detached from the real world, or as I like to call it, "religious"

Try using that defence in court when you're up on a murder charge, again I've seen it first hand and I can guarantee the "god told me to do it" doens't go very far in the burden of proof stakes.

I wouldn't mind so much if these nutters kept themselves to themselves but they cannot help themselves ramming their fairytale ideology down everyones throats at every opportunity.  Bad Mood

A bit like the Harry Potter Brigade. Try telling them it's not real 
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #133 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 13:25:17 »

Just deleted a previous post of mine.

It gets so fucking confusing at times when people keep changing their avatars.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 13:28:41 »

I've dealt with the god squad first hand, I know how futile it is to try and rationalise with these people. They've either been brainwashed since birth, or their weak mindedness does not allow them to accept reality. It is the perfect defense mechanism, as evidenced by the god nut above using the old "prove he doesn't exist" line.

The trouble with using that line is it has no place in reality, therefore makes you look a bit detached from the real world, or as I like to call it, "religious"

Try using that defence in court when you're up on a murder charge, again I've seen it first hand and I can guarantee the "god told me to do it" doens't go very far in the burden of proof stakes.

I wouldn't mind so much if these nutters kept themselves to themselves but they cannot help themselves ramming their fairytale ideology down everyones throats at every opportunity.  Bad Mood

A bit like the Harry Potter Brigade. Try telling them it's not real 

I'm not religious in the slightest. I class myself as an agnostic which is someone who accepts the possibility of a higher power. Calling me a 'God nut' has entirely missed my point. (But then, as you come across as a total dick, with no interest in anyone's opinion but your own, it's not surprising).

No one on here has tried to jam their opinion down anyone's throat. Apart from the few, like you, who are so far up their own arse they believe they've got the definitive answer to something that can't, definitively, be answered.

You're a prick and a tiresome one.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: