Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Survival Sunday'  (Read 24227 times)
Spencer_White

« on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 12:17:00 »

If Blackburn or Birmingham go down then they will both be in total financial meltdown.

Birmingham are losing £17m a year in the Premier League!! And the Indian chicken brothers at Blackburn who sacked Alladyce (because he told them that Blackburn could not finnish 5th this season) have not invested any of their own money in the club yet.

Both foreign owned. Creditors of both clubs should be very very nervous.

I hope they both go down, it will put more pressure on football to run itself properly.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 12:22:41 »

Good point.

I reckon blackpool will sneakily stay up

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 12:25:56 »

spurs to beat brum,wolves to beat blackburn,and man u-blackpool to draw.
my treble for today
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 12:37:36 »

I hope it's Blackburn and Birmingham. I'll never forgive the former for the unsporting purchase of Duncan Shearer.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 12:44:57 »

I hope it's Blackburn and Birmingham. I'll never forgive the former for the unsporting purchase of Duncan Shearer.
I'll never forgive the former from when we went there in the Prem. As i was leaving an older fan turned to his son and said something along the lines of " we shouldn't let shit teams like swindon in the Prem". He wasn't very happy when I told him i could remember Blackburn coming down to the CG a few years earlier and couldn't even bring a coachload of fans to us and that thier support at the CG was consistently shit.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 12:45:33 »

I hope Wigan go down.  Mickey Mouse club that never should have been up there in the first place.  Anyone can buy their way in to the Premiership.  No achievement there at all.  They won't be missed.
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 12:53:25 »

I'd ruddy love it if Blackpool stayed up...But I just can't see it happening. Sad

Got a horrible suspicion that Wigan will survive. Hope not.
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 12:57:30 »

I hope Wigan go down.  Mickey Mouse club that never should have been up there in the first place.  Anyone can buy their way in to the Premiership.  No achievement there at all.  They won't be missed.

If most of us built up a £500m Empire I am pretty sure most of us would want to stick something into STFC. Then once you have started it becomes difficult to stop?

If Wigan are relegated it will probably wipe out the remainder of Dave Whelan's fortune. But they will be OK as a club.

Its a tough one to call. Only real criticism of Whelan I would have is that he has spent all that money, and yes they have been PL for a few seasons, but so what? There is no silverware in the cabinet, he's not going to have much to show for it. If it was my fortune I would want a major trophy to show for it all.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 13:10:57 »

Wigan, Blackpool and Birmingham will all lose.

Wigan to go down with Blackpool. Birmingham will stay up on goal difference.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 13:11:57 »

i'll be watching the games this afternoon with my old man whos a wigan fan. so for me i want wigan to stay up

They are always going to struggle to fill that stadium even if they charge £5 to get in, too many of the people in wigan watch the rugby or go and watch Utd, Liverpool etc etc as its not that far away, remember there were non-league just over 30 years ago.

As for buying there way into the premiership, isn't that what most clubs do, spend beyond on there means in the hope they can get to the promised land...thats why so many clubs are in the shit - you need a sugar daddy to throw some money behind any club if you really want any chance to survive.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
lambourn red

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 13:17:31 »

What will be interesting is if Wigan lose 1 nil, Blackpool 2 nil and Brum 3 nil , by my reckoning Blackpool would stay up on goals scored.
china red

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 14:02:52 »

I'll never forgive the former from when we went there in the Prem. As i was leaving an older fan turned to his son and said something along the lines of " we shouldn't let shit teams like swindon in the Prem". He wasn't very happy when I told him i could remember Blackburn coming down to the CG a few years earlier and couldn't even bring a coachload of fans to us and that thier support at the CG was consistently shit.

When Blackburn were shit my brother supported them for some reason I remember going to Bristol Rovers on a Wednesday evening with him and there were seven of us in the away end, three town fans and four Blackburn fans.  How times have changed!

I hope Blackpool stay up but think they will go down today
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 14:06:41 »

i'll be watching the games this afternoon with my old man whos a wigan fan. so for me i want wigan to stay up

They are always going to struggle to fill that stadium even if they charge £5 to get in, too many of the people in wigan watch the rugby or go and watch Utd, Liverpool etc etc as its not that far away, remember there were non-league just over 30 years ago.

As for buying there way into the premiership, isn't that what most clubs do, spend beyond on there means in the hope they can get to the promised land...thats why so many clubs are in the shit - you need a sugar daddy to throw some money behind any club if you really want any chance to survive.

The main difference is that normally success brings crowds, hasn't happened with Wigan for the reasons you state, similar with Fulham who have done well with relatively low budgets and good managers.

Still irks me that bolton are an established prem club, should be in division three in my mind.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 14:27:57 »

If Blackburn or Birmingham go down then they will both be in total financial meltdown.

Birmingham are losing £17m a year in the Premier League!! And the Indian chicken brothers at Blackburn who sacked Alladyce (because he told them that Blackburn could not finnish 5th this season) have not invested any of their own money in the club yet.

Both foreign owned. Creditors of both clubs should be very very nervous.

I hope they both go down, it will put more pressure on football to run itself properly.

Dave Whelan and Steve Morgan (Wolves Chairman) were both interviewed on 5Live this morning.
They both stated how club debt was the biggest problem facing football.

Richard Scudamore was then interviewed and asked,"What's the biggest problem facing football?"
His answer,"Intellectual property rights". Unbelievable.

I really hope Blackpool stay up,but i fear that they will be relegated,with Birmingham to join them.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 14:36:10 »

I would imagine Cardiff must be in the financial shit for not going up into the Prem - hopefully
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: