Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town to make midday statement  (Read 51315 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:50:30 »

Did the Board confirm that Hamman had even applied?

Di Canio wasn't my top choice but it is an exciting appointment and like others have said represents a complete change in club ethos in terms of manager personalty/skill sets/experience etc. In short, they have listened to the fans.

My only concern is that he is as erratic as he was as a player or that the media will give all their attention and focus to his political leanings and the club will get dragged through the mud with it. I know fans have given a lot of debate and coverage to this and the 'fascist not racist' argument but to be fair he has never said anything in the media (from what I can see) which is racist. We can argue to the hilt about whether fascism and racism goes hand in hand and imply particular things but it will be best to leave this debate behind for now. Those so strongly opposed should leave quietly and those who don't see a problem, or are apathetic towards it can get on with supporting the club. The club is bigger than one man's political beliefs anyway.

After 2 years (albeit not continuous) of shit football under managers this board has appointed I'm really looking forward to something a bit different next season.

Agree

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:51:59 »

Oh, and the backroom staff will be made up of 2 italians currently working in Seria A apparently according to agents on Twitter.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:54:17 »

Prince Harry wore a Nazi uniform so what.

Don't mix politics with football...................excited by the news.

Di Canio interviewed well, Hamann was in the running as was Burley. However the Board were impressed what Di Canio had to say.......
and then I thought of Paul Hart, seems years ago now.

Something to look forward to.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:54:50 »

Oh, and the backroom staff will be made up of 2 italians currently working in Seria A apparently according to agents on Twitter.

At least he is surrounding himself with people who know lower league English football then  Hmmm
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 13:08:12 »

Pauld I do enjoy your posts (as a general rule as you are amusing and intelligent), however, I knew that you would not be happy with the appt.
I think you urgently need to review your definitions of both amusing and intelligent Smiley but thanks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 13:08:32 »

At least he is surrounding himself with people who know lower league English football then  Hmmm
"inferior league" actually
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 13:09:32 »

At the end of the day nobody can predict how this one will go. For every fan saying it won't work there will a fan saying it will.

I don't give a toss about political beliefs as long as it doesn't effect the team or the club, it didn't affect Wednesday or West Ham so why should it affect us.

It will either be a complete car crash or a success as we have found out in the past with the likes of Macari, Ardiles, Hoddle, McMahon, Onoura, Wise and Malpas who all started their managerial careers with us and had different levels of success from the sublime to the absolute nightmare.

One thing is for sure, for League 2 level it is a high level appointment and one that will be interesting to watch and be involved in.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 13:10:02 »

So then, we should look to please the minority at the expense of the majority?
It was supposed to be tongue in cheek. I'll signpost more thoroughly in future for the hard of irony
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 13:15:34 »

"inferior league" actually

It IS an inferior league though ?

Am I missing something Smiley ?

Wise men say........
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 13:18:14 »

Other than me taking the piss out of the half-arsed translation his agent did of his interview, no. So actually, no, you're not missing anything at all
Highland Robin

« Reply #265 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 13:45:24 »

Aaaaagggghh.....how to react???  I really hope this won't come back to haunt us.  I have been inclined to be more on the side of those sensitive about the political issues.  But I confess I am also excited purely on the footballing side.  I think I can only wait and see.  I remain more concerned about how he and the club will handle the inevitable media circus, and the reactions of other clubs supporters than that he will try and impose his political views in any substrantial way either within the club or the wider community.  But it feels a bit of a 'heart in mouth' moment.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 13:48:20 »

Why worry about other fans? They'll take the piss whatever, as we will with them, part and parcel.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 13:50:24 »

Aaaaagggghh.....how to react???  I really hope this won't come back to haunt us.  I have been inclined to be more on the side of those sensitive about the political issues.  But I confess I am also excited purely on the footballing side.  I think I can only wait and see.  I remain more concerned about how he and the club will handle the inevitable media circus, and the reactions of other clubs supporters than that he will try and impose his political views in any substrantial way either within the club or the wider community.  But it feels a bit of a 'heart in mouth' moment.

To be honest, none of the coverage of this I've seen in the national press today has made anything more than a cursory mention of the political issue.

It's been as much a part of the story as the ref-pushing incident or him catching that cross as far as the rest of the country is concerned it appears.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 13:51:36 »

Agree

Likewise. Well said Si.

This for me is about the football. New season, new ambition, new players wanting to play for a influential individual.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 13:57:19 »

I'm waiting for the first pics in the press from when our fans chant ' Paolo, Paolo  gives us a wave'
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: