Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town to make midday statement  (Read 51338 times)
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:46:28 »

see I knew all along is was going to be Paul ... oh shit ....errr ...  Paolo Di Canio 

I used to be Fatbury
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #226 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:47:32 »

Wonder if we'll be having a pre-season in Italy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:47:49 »

Whatever people might wish, football does not exist in the moral and ethical vacuum it thinks it does
Political beliefs "never raised in the interview, not an issue in any way" from Wray.
My mistake. Apparently football, and our football club in particular, does exist in a moral and ethical vacuum. Well, that's all OK then
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:48:51 »

'most impressive candidate' Nick Watkins has ever seen evidently.
So far Nick Watkins has interviewed Malpas, Wilson and Hart. So that's not exactly a ringing endorsement
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:49:02 »

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed with that as well, you'd think it would have at least been addressed.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #230 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:50:24 »

So far Nick Watkins has interviewed Malpas, Wilson and Hart. So that's not exactly a ringing endorsement

That's funny

I could have sworn he worked at other clubs before he joined us.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:55:13 »

That's funny

I could have sworn he worked at other clubs before he joined us.
No, he had no professional involvement in sport before he joined us
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:57:54 »

I've kept out of this, but I am surprised that our board has interviewed the people they are said to have interviewed and have decided that Di Canio is the man for the job. It represents a complete change in their thinking with regard to risk taking (which some might argue was needed after last season), and even more surprisingly indicates that they considered the fact the man was a fascist and decided it wasn't important. I can't pretend that doesn't disappoint me.

Hamman would have brought all the benefits of Di Canio (in fact, he achieved much more as a player and would have amassed even better contacts) with none of the negatives. As soon as I heard he was up for the job, I honestly assumed it was a no brainer.
This is exactly how I feel.  The board made the right decision removing Harte and I believe some of that decision was borne out of the knowledge that the fans didn't want him here. They'll always be supporters who aren't 100% happy about an appointment, but this goes derper than that. We needed to start off in League 2 with a sense of optimism and unity. We certainly now don't have unity and I'm not so sure about optimism either? Anyone who thinks Di Canio is in for the long haul is deluded.  As previously mentioned, I can honestly see him doing a Wise, when we need some stability. This completely goes against Wray's previously statement that he didn't want anyone who would use it as a stepping stone and disappear when a better offer comes along.

It seems the board have gone 100% for the excitement factor. Yes, it might get a few more through the gates, but at the same time will alleniate anothers, which is not what we need. It may change as the season approaches, but at the moment I'm not feeling the same sense of excitement as some. I'm feeling more like 'here we go again, this could be a disaster!'
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #233 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:00:32 »

Do people really think the board should have opted for somebody they don't consider to be the best option for the club?

Let's go for second best to keep a minority happy shall we?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:04:02 »

I think we can certainly say one thing about our new fascist regime. It certainly won't be about keeping minorities happy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:04:47 »

Repression of the minorities starts here.
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #236 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:06:08 »

My mistake. Apparently football, and our football club in particular, does exist in a moral and ethical vacuum. Well, that's all OK then

Pauld I do enjoy your posts (as a general rule as you are amusing and intelligent), however, I knew that you would not be happy with the appt.

As somebody who has no interest in politics whatsoever I feel that this is a great appointment. I do hope that you may feel like that someday soon.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:09:28 »

Anyone who thinks Di Canio is in for the long haul is deluded.

I don't think anyone does, to be fair.  But neither is 'long haul' particularly high up most people's wish lists.  Hoddle and Ardiles gave us just over 100 games each and then jumped ship...yet both are rated to this day as among the most successful managers we have ever had.  They came in, did a job for us, and then left.  If Di Canio can do the same, I'll be happy.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #238 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:11:08 »

I think we can certainly say one thing about our new fascist regime. It certainly won't be about keeping minorities happy

So then, we should look to please the minority at the expense of the majority?

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:11:53 »

I think we can certainly say one thing about our new fascist regime.

God save the Queen
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: