Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town to make midday statement  (Read 51325 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 19:40:52 »

I have this image of Wray and Watkins sat either side of di canio with a White sheet over his head and half way through the conference di canio asking if he can take it off now and being told "Not until Monday"
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 19:42:31 »

I have this image of Wray and Watkins sat either side of di canio with a White sheet over his head and half way through the conference di canio asking if he can take it off now and being told "Not until Monday"
would it be quite a pointy White sheet with eye holes
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 19:43:00 »

Fuck knows who they are
They're the local branch of one of Britain's biggest trade unions:

http://www.gmb.org.uk/home.aspx

And no they're not a major sponsor, as they acknowledge. Won't make a whit of difference to the club's bottom line as they well know, it's a stand on a point of principle
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 19:44:34 »

would it be quite a pointy White sheet with eye holes
yes the burning cross would have to stay outside for health safety reasons
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 19:46:13 »

They're the local branch of one of Britain's biggest trade unions:

http://www.gmb.org.uk/home.aspx

And no they're not a major sponsor, as they acknowledge. Won't make a whit of difference to the club's bottom line as they well know, it's a stand on a point of principle

Ah makes sense, Fuck 'em then  Grin
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 19:48:41 »

Over the last 12 months we have provided £350 in direct sponsorship, £3500 in business to the conference/catering arm, and provided a free advert for season tickets in our branch newsleter with distribution of 5000.

Small beer compared to some big sponsors, but we have a genuine commitment to the club.

STFC is popular with our members, and the club has a good commitment to the community and is familly friendly.

We love Swindon Town FC, and want to continue supporting them, but obviously given the anti-fascist commitment of our union, we could not associate our brand wth a club that has an explicitly fascist manager

Fuck knows who they are

Please be Di Canio  Cool

Cats are better than dogs FACT
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 19:51:36 »

If it is di Canio, will people start gloating in the faces of those of us who do care about his politics? If so I think I'll follow Lumps.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 19:55:07 »

If it is di Canio, will people start gloating in the faces of those of us who do care about his politics? If so I think I'll follow Lumps.

No.

Politics doesn't interest me in the slightest.

All I care about is STFC and getting a passionate, winning team back.

I understand why PDC splits opinions but I fucking love him already Cheesy
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 19:55:55 »

I wonder if at the press conference PDC political beliefs will be brought up?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 19:57:03 »

If anyone does feel the need to stop supporting the club for this reason can I just ask that you act swiftly as pulling out as a sponsor/getting a refund of your season ticket or whatever it is you feel the need to do? We don't need division next season we need unity.

I appreciate his politics aren't most peoples cup of tea, but how do we know that any of our managers ever have been? Wilson could vote BNP for all we know. He's here to do his best for Swindon Town and that's what matters
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 20:03:52 »

I couldnt give two hoots about his politics, one of the reasons I'm not keen on the (possible) appointment is that I don't feel a excitable, crazy, combustable live wire is what the club needs at this moment.

That and the obvious media circus that will surround the whole appointment.

But saying that, I reserve the right (if he turns out to be some kind of managerial mastermind) to be first in the queue to tug him off.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 20:06:52 »

If anyone does feel the need to stop supporting the club for this reason can I just ask that you act swiftly as pulling out as a sponsor/getting a refund of your season ticket or whatever it is you feel the need to do? We don't need division next season we need unity.

I appreciate his politics aren't most peoples cup of tea, but how do we know that any of our managers ever have been? Wilson could vote BNP for all we know. He's here to do his best for Swindon Town and that's what matters
I don't think his politics will change my support for Town.

I just hope nobody on here starts gloating about the fact some people will be turned off from supporting Swindon by his appointment.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 20:09:31 »

I wont be gloating but at the same time then if he is appointed is everyone going to still bang on about his beliefs.
The Frog

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 20:12:56 »

Not the news i wanted to be hear, don't see any sense in that appointment, Any how the adver have been wrong more than once before!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 20:13:46 »

I don't think his politics will change my support for Town.

I just hope nobody on here starts gloating about the fact some people will be turned off from supporting Swindon by his appointment.

I hope not too because like many of us, if they thought it was irrelevant before then it still is now. Some of our fans like to use any excuse to have a pop at fans they don't agree with though so there may be a bit of it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: