Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The radio  (Read 2724 times)
Cookie

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 11:59:44 »

I love listening to the radio. I probably spend more time with my radio than my tv or my record collection nowadays and it's not something I thought I'd be saying a few years ago. Does this mean I'm getting old?

I mostly listen to BBC 6 music and sometimes radio 2 or absolute radio 90s, does anybody else like the radio and, if so, what's the frequency teffers?

Big DJ shout out to Adam and Joe and Huey Morgan (please don't put that bint Laverne back on the radio bbc, thanks).

flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:03:09 »

I tune in radio6 for adam and joe (if I'm up, normally listen to the podcast) and Jarvis Cocker's wonderfully pretentiousness show if I'm cooking my roast dinner.

Generally have radio4 on in the background.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:03:28 »

best of the 80s on sky.fm over the net Cheesy
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:03:54 »

Huey Morgan is really good.

6 Music is still my station of choice, but I think it has gone backwards a bit, in as much as it plays less new music than it did.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:08:50 »

I listen to 6music most of the day, although i try and avoid Laverne, she plays too much obscure shit just for the sake of it, it seems. Nemone is surprisingly okay, but Radcliffe and Maconie are the top dogs for me. Oh, and Cerys matthews on a Sunday is shit.

But thanks to Kinky Tom, i'm going to try out sky.fm 80's!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:11:16 »

Sunday mornings used to be the wonderfully entertaining domain of Russell Howard and Jon Richardson, 6music has lost the plot with Cerys.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:17:42 »

I rely on radio much more than TV.  If I had to do without one of them, the radio would have to stay.

Mainly listen to Radio 4 & Radio 5 at home.  But also listen also to Radio 2, Radio 3 and Classic FM (usually when I'm in the car).
iffy

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:18:47 »

Sunday mornings used to be the wonderfully entertaining domain of Russell Howard and Jon Richardson, 6music has lost the plot with Cerys.

Very underrated show. Like the muppet babies version of Mark and Lard.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:20:26 »

I rely on radio much more than TV.  If I had to do without one of them, the radio would have to stay.
Me too. Mix of 4, 5, 6 and World Service. Yes, I really am that dull.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:25:53 »

radio 2 mostly with the odd bit of 5live and jack fm
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:27:14 »

I normally have MTV base on - does that make me young & hip??
Being back at Event exchange means having radio 2 on all day - Jeremy Vine makes me wanna kill myself
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:28:48 »

Radio Bloke (5), 6Music and Absolute Radio for me, listen to quite a bit of Radio 4 stuff but only ever on Podcasts, which increasingly rule my life, particularly Bogus Dave's beloved Football Ramble.
Gethimout

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:31:08 »

I think i'm still too young for radio 2. Radio one and Planet Rock for me throughout the day. Sometimes GWR but that can get annoying!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:34:52 »

I normally have MTV base on - does that make me young & hip??
Being back at Event exchange means having radio 2 on all day - Jeremy Vine makes me wanna kill myself

*shudder* MTV base makes me wish for sensory impairment. I usually associate it with lobotomy patients and Americans...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:35:16 »

So what is the generally accepted transition age for migrating from Radio 1 to Radio 2?  When I was a kid, I thought this was about 40.  But now I'm nearly 40, I think it's probably about 12.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: