Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Didi Hamann  (Read 29680 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #210 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 10:57:33 »

I can see Bogus Daves point in so much that Di Canio has said nothing, sure he's out the country and has other commitments but I dont think it would have been that difficult to at least prepare some sort of statement that Di Canio/his agent/Wray could have read out or could have been put up on the official site. Even if it just said he's happy to have the opportunity to manage in England, he's got other commitments this weekend and he's looking forward to getting stuck in Monday. Just something from the horses mouth. I'll assume he'll say this sort of stuff tomorrow anyway.

But does it suggest he'll piss off at the earliest opportunity?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 10:58:40 »

Any manager that does well will always be 'looked at' no matter who they are.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:01:42 »

Nope it doesnt - but honestly cant think of any other managerial appointment that happened without any communication from the actual manager himself! Even if he couldnt make it personally.

As I said, I partly agreed with Dave - as in I think we should have heard at least something from the horses mouth to go with the announcement of him as manager.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:04:01 »

How many managers out there do you think know anything about our team?

Even if Di Canio was familiar with our team, unless he'd already watched every single game then he should be going through the DVDs anyway, like any manager we could have potentially got they wouldnt have watched us for the entire season.

I can see Bogus Daves point in so much that Di Canio has said nothing, sure he's out the country and has other commitments but I dont think it would have been that difficult to at least prepare some sort of statement that Di Canio/his agent/Wray could have read out or could have been put up on the official site. Even if it just said he's happy to have the opportunity to manage in England, he's got other commitments this weekend and he's looking forward to getting stuck in Monday. Just something from the horses mouth. I'll assume he'll say this sort of stuff tomorrow anyway.

Surely that's just made the whole last paragraph a little pointless? If he's going to say that tomorrow then what difference does it make if he said it on Friday? It's only a weekend. I still don't see the point tbh.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:07:41 »

I don't understand why he would need to release a statement. There's a press conference tomorrow, which will officially 'unveil' him. I personally think he's being proffesional and seeing his current contractual obligations with italian tv.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:11:18 »

Unbelievable, this screams of a manager who wants to systematically disect our failiure of a season and identify what needs addressing, but you (as the majority of pessimist fucking fans at this club, becuase who ever got appointed you'd be moaning) have already set PDC up for failiure as he doesn't know our club inside out.

PDC could start his job end of June when the players get back in, but no, he's getting ahead of the game and putting us in the best possible position for both STFC and PDC to enjoy success. I tell you now, if Sir Alex took the job, he'd be doing the exact same thing, would you be moaning then?
take a peice of a post and blow it all out of proportion eh.

i aint moaning,nor am i anti di canio,i just have a few fears which i've explained.i'll be delighted if my fears are wrong.
we will all find out if this is a good appointment in time.why people are arguing and belittling others views,just becuase they who dont share it on di canio has become a fucking bore.it doesn't have to be pro vs anti di canio. i'm neither.
i'll back di canio all the way,i'm just concerned about a few issues.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:24:20 by arriba » Logged
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:11:53 »

I think the club have done it on purpose - the CG will be crawling with press tomorrow especially now it's a proper unveiling.

Having him dish out a few quotes on Friday would mean less coverage tomorrow.
Panda Paws

« Reply #217 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:36:40 »

The reason the press conference is tomorrow is to give the national media enough heads up to make sure it's covered.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:39:04 »

There are quotes from him in the football league paper today.

"swindon are a big club and i am delighted to have got the job, it is a challenge for me but i am looking forward to it.

I see this as an exciting opportunity for me to get my mangerial career up and running. I have always said that i love english football anf have a great passion for it, so i am really looking forward to working at swindon"
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:56:30 »

Is there a decent interview with him Tans ?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 12:09:20 »

No just a page spread about how he would give us passion. Its mainly quotes from wray
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2011, 13:58:29 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14033079.stm

Been appointed as Stockport manager.
Coca Fola

« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2011, 14:28:20 »

Not the ideal place to start your management career.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2011, 14:31:26 »

This appointment shows that the compensation to Leicester wasn't in fact the reason we didn't get him.

Can't have been much if they managed to get him.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2011, 14:32:14 »

Not the ideal place to start your management career.

Alot of rebuilding to be doen on the squad, but if he can get them up then he may quickly be snapped up by a bigger club.

Be interesting to see how he uses his contacts he would have built up of players around the lower leagues in his coaching career to date.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: