Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play-Offs 2011  (Read 41994 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 17:29:24 »

lesser of two evils isn't it

Too right, I can put up with the piss taking from Posh fans next season, especially as they will be straight back down again.

But I can wish nothing but fucking misery for those Franchise bastards
Spencer_White

« Reply #76 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 17:30:47 »

12500 was a massive attendance for a 3rd tier game in the mid 80s post Heysel.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 17:59:56 »

Precisely.  Four figure gates in the top tier were not unheard of in those days.

Farnborough vs Ebbsfleet finished 2-4 in the Conference South play off final.  Decent crowd of 3,200 odd, no doubt swelled by plenty of football tourists like me.  The standard was pretty ropey, if I'm honest, but Ebbsfleet deserved their win.  Much better organised and drilled.  And Ricky Shakes scored the second!  They love him in Ebbsfleet (or Gravesend, or where ever it is they're from).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:00:45 »

Did he do the dance?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:03:28 »

Fatbury will be cumming in his pants.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:03:48 »

And did you burst their bubble by explaining he's actually a bit shit when playing against opposition that doesn't have "and Duck" in their team name?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:06:06 »

Did he do the dance?

He did not.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:07:16 »

Especially for fatters...

[url width=500 height=500]http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x480/tanswell2010/ac9a3349.jpg[/url]

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:08:40 »

And did you burst their bubble by explaining he's actually a bit shit when playing against opposition that doesn't have "and Duck" in their team name?

I tried, but the fans in the bar after the game didn't seem that bothered.

The other thing (other than RS scoring) that I found disturbing this afternoon was backing/semi-supporting a side that played in yellow & blue against another one that played in red.  Took me quite a while to get used to that, I can tell you.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:13:45 »

Oooh, that sounds a bit of a head-fuck
stfcinbmth

« Reply #85 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:26:07 »

The other thing (other than RS scoring) that I found disturbing this afternoon was backing/semi-supporting a side that played in yellow & blue against another one that played in red.  Took me quite a while to get used to that, I can tell you.

At least you made the effort to go Ardiles
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:31:23 »

The other thing (other than RS scoring) that I found disturbing this afternoon was backing/semi-supporting a side that played in yellow & blue against another one that played in red.  Took me quite a while to get used to that, I can tell you.

Back to The Camrose again for Farnborough next season then.

Basingstoke, of course, also play in Yellow and Blue. But their ground has 4 sides.
Spencer_White

« Reply #87 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:35:13 »

Only play off semi final Ive been to as a neutral was Aldershot vs Carlisle in 2005.

There were 5 of us, we had to leave Yates' pretty sharpish because the home lads started getting a bit choppy, had to go and hide in some shops, they followed us out. In the ground Aldershot threw missiles at Carlisle fans then entire game. Aldershot won 1-0. Carlisle fans got a bit agitated in the end, there was extra temporary fencing segregation and they picked it up and tried to throw it over the main segregation. We didnt stay after the game funnily enough.

Another thing I remmember about that game was that Aldershot had the shittest tickets Ive ever seen at a football match. Looked like they had been torn out of a newspaper.

Not really looking forward to Aldershot next year. The JPT game I remmember a young lad who had been nastily glassed in a pub and had a worrying cut to the front of his neck. Probably drink in Guildford and make our way back (the train lines are funny round there).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:38:09 »

I hate that walk through the park at Aldershot. Always feels like you are going to get ambushed. Irrational I know. Aldershot itself is one of the biggest shithole towns I've been to.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:39:55 »

I used to work in Aldershot. It's like that all the time
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: