Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Town Boss to be Announced Next Wednesday  (Read 56509 times)

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 21:06:04 »

i kinda hope it's somebody who aint been named in discussion.that would be a major whooshing by wray and co if it is....
Wiggler

« Reply #376 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 21:09:06 »

i kinda hope it's somebody who aint been named in discussion.that would be a major whooshing by wray and co if it is....

There is one name no one has mentioned yet 
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #377 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 21:09:09 »

Steve Lomas?
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 21:22:28 »

Leftside

This discussion so much about what fascism means per say. Rather, as johnny post that you have quoted specifically states, it is about a fascist must also be a Nazi/racist.

The text you added here has no mention of either, so I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve.

Hello BR,

Sorry for not responding sooner - I tried on Sunday morning but buggered up while trying to Preview.

Anyway, what I was trying to achieve was to give a definition of fascism - and how it is nation-specific, and very much driven by the passion and ideologies of an individual and subsequently their political party. I was also trying to make the point that Nazism was a form of fascism and that fascism is now a term used to describe the kinds of totalitarian, authoritiarian, anti-democratic etc regimes and political parties we can refer to based on historical experience.

PDC is a fascist. He claims he is not a racist, and it is perfectly reasonable to accept this claim. His salute, his Dux and fasces tattoos align him with Italian fascism and not Nazism. However, through his actions he has demonstrated that he has some identification with Lazio Ultras who contain an element that is proud to associate itself with Nazism, including references to the Holocaust. Therefore, it is reasonable to question whether his own brand of fascism actually lies closer to Nazism than he would care to admit publicly. Of course, he could just be a passionate, politicised individual who has taken inspiriation from the ideologies of one of his own country's political parties, but who only wants to adhere to certain aspects and dismiss others.

I wonder if there was ever a thread on a Lazio Ultras site that debated whether PDC had the right to call himself a fascist yet declare himself a non-racist?

I still find non-racist fascism unacceptable for the reasons I gave in my earlier post (the second italicised paragraph was italicised in error - they're all my own words).

Sorry for continuing the PDC-fascism-Nazism debate, but I thought it would be impolite not to respond to your post.

All the best.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 21:24:13 »

There is one name no one has mentioned yet 

Mr. Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfe­schlegelstein­hausenberger­dorffvoraltern­waren­gewissenhaft­schaferswessen­schafewaren­wohlgepflege­und­sorgfaltigkeit­beschutzen­von­angreifen­durch­ihrraubgierigfeinde­welche­voraltern­zwolftausend­jahres­vorandieerscheinen­wander­ersteer­dem­enschderraumschiff­gebrauchlicht­als­sein­ursprung­von­kraftgestart­sein­lange­fahrt­hinzwischen­sternartigraum­auf­der­suchenach­diestern­welche­gehabt­bewohnbar­planeten­kreise­drehen­sich­und­wohin­der­neurasse­von­verstandigmen­schlichkeit­konnte­fortplanzen­und­sicher­freuen­anlebens­langlich­freude­und­ruhe­mit­nicht­ein­furcht­vor­angreifen­von­anderer­intelligent­geschopfs­von­hinzwischen­sternartigraumen, Senior?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #380 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 21:28:53 »

Love that last bit.

I can imagine saying ", senior" well dead pan.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 21:59:51 »

Of Ulm?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 06:42:59 »

Slight change in the odds at VC this morning, as well as Calderwood coming in as 7/2 third favourite.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 08:23:14 »

Looks like Maradona's out of the running then:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13413485.stm

which will be a disappointment to those who'd hoped for a fat drug-addled freak in the dugout
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #384 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 08:24:37 »

which will be a disappointment to those who'd hoped for a fat drug-addled freak in the dugout

Paul Gascoigne ruled himself out as well then? Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 08:25:01 »

I want to know today  Angry
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #386 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 08:25:28 »

I reckon we will find out today.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 08:27:51 »

I reckon we will find out today.
Think you're right. It will start to leak fairly soon after the board meeting, we'll all know by tonight, it's always the way by the time they do the "unveiling" at the press conference, it's just a formality. I'd like it though if this time they did have the new manager under a big dust sheet and actually unveiled him
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 08:30:39 »

Think you're right. It will start to leak fairly soon after the board meeting, we'll all know by tonight, it's always the way by the time they do the "unveiling" at the press conference, it's just a formality. I'd like it though if this time they did have the new manager under a big dust sheet and actually unveiled him

This.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #389 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 08:53:02 »

I'd like it though if this time they did have the new manager under a big dust sheet and actually unveiled him

Ta Daaa
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: