Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Town Boss to be Announced Next Wednesday  (Read 56342 times)
Lumps

« Reply #180 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 19:54:15 »

More so Di Canio. Many of todays players would have watched him for years and looked up to him.  We'd get players who might otherwise go for L1 clubs looking at us this summer and coming to us because he's in charge. What would be interesting is who he'd bring in as assistant. He'd want someone he knows I suspect. Who did he work with at West Ham that might be looking to get into coaching now?

Do you think that the over 30% of pro footballers in the UK that are of BME origin might think twice about signing for a manager that might give it the fascist salute after every victory. LJF, who I'm has soome experience of living in a country with a sizable extreme right, might think twice about hanging around.

And before anyone goes off on the "he's a fascist not a racist, Italian fascism was different" bollocks AGAIN, I suggest you watch some footage of Italian football and see the fucking obvious relationship between the sections of the crowd that also do that natty salute, and the areas of the ground that pour out the fucking appalling racist abuse of black players. There must be some you-tube footage of Ballotelli playing for Italy, have a watch of that and tell me that the Italian far right aren't racist.

Even if the argument had any more than an once of truth to it, do you really thinkg the average black footballer is going to bother to pick up on that sort of subtle distintion? If you're black that salute tends to mean bad fucking news. Why the fuck would you even think of signing for someone that throws it out every now and again?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #181 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:05:02 »

Do you think that the over 30% of pro footballers in the UK that are of BME origin might think twice about signing for a manager that might give it the fascist salute after every victory.

No

And since when has he given the salute after "every victory" anyway. From my understanding, he;s done it once.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:12:27 »

No

And since when has he given the salute after "every victory" anyway. From my understanding, he;s done it once.
3 or 4 times on camera I think. Did it after the Roma game and Livorno, can't remember the 3rd (and/or 4th)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #183 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:14:12 »

Still not every victory, is it?

Not even close.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:15:24 »

4 times would be damn near every victory for us...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:17:05 »

Still not every victory, is it?

Not even close.
Well, those were the times he was caught at it. But no, it's not every victory at all. On the other hand (the one that's not being raised in salute, I guess), it's far from a spur of the moment one-off thing as some seem to be rather fondly imagining.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:18:04 »

4 times would be damn near every victory for us...
Cheesy
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:25:21 »

Jesus fucking wept. Don't you lot get bored of going over the same old Di Canio bollocks?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #188 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:26:34 »

Well, those were the times he was caught at it. But no, it's not every victory at all. On the other hand (the one that's not being raised in salute, I guess), it's far from a spur of the moment one-off thing as some seem to be rather fondly imagining.

Imagining?

I posted a link on what he had to say about it. About he defends his use of the salute. How is that imagining it Paul?

I just posted a link for others to read and maybe I did say he did it through the emotion at the time (can't remember). Just going by what he says, because I have nothing else to go by. Just like everybody else on this site.

But what I most definitely did not do is anything near the equivalent of spinning it to the point of saying he does it every time, did I?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:32:45 »

Erm, I wasn't referring to you BR. Can't remember who did say it, but there did seem to be plenty who were under the impression it was a heat of the moment thing, when it plainly wasn't. But haven't we done this to death now?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:32:58 »

Jesus fucking wept. Don't you lot get bored of going over the same old Di Canio bollocks?
Yes, even I do.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #191 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:41:51 »

But haven't we done this to death now?

We have
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #192 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:46:44 »

Erm, I wasn't referring to you BR. Can't remember who did say it, but there did seem to be plenty who were under the impression it was a heat of the moment thing, when it plainly wasn't. But haven't we done this to death now?

I got irritated at the hypocrisy of somebody else really, not you.

I'm not even interested in politics. But those with extreme political views are always likely to spark a debate and I'm not just referring to Di Canio.
Barry Scott

« Reply #193 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:48:47 »

Imagining?

I posted a link on what he had to say about it. About he defends his use of the salute. How is that imagining it Paul?

I just posted a link for others to read and maybe I did say he did it through the emotion at the time (can't remember). Just going by what he says, because I have nothing else to go by. Just like everybody else on this site.

But what I most definitely did not do is anything near the equivalent of spinning it to the point of saying he does it every time, did I?

There was also another article someone posted (might have been you) by some well known writer in the Guardian, who I believe wrote his autobiography, and talked of PDC's dislike and/or condemnation of Mussolini.

For the record I'd quite like him and I want him more everytime I get told what to think about him. He was a class footballer who I liked and I feel could inject something positive into the team.

P.S. I fucking hate politics.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:49:47 »

Absolutely done it to death - and for me is completely irrelevant what he did a lot of years ago in Italy....He showed his passion to his own supporters - some people might not like the way he did it (me being one of them) but if you want to hang him out to dry for it, I think there are a LOT of other managers who need hanging also....

For me he should be judged squarely on how he did in England - and I think he did pretty fucking well...

Had crowds eating out of his hands - even opposition supporters loved and envied the passion he showed on the pitch - and ANYONE who pushes that twat of a ref Alcock over gets my approval !!!

Wise men say........
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: