Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Town Boss to be Announced Next Wednesday  (Read 56290 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 15:44:43 »

It's the experience that we'll need next season....

I tend to agree.  I have Burley as my favourite, followed fairly by closely by Di Canio and with Trollope as a third choice.  Had we stayed up and Hart had still been shown the door, I would have probably have favoured Di Canio slightly over Burley.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 15:48:29 »

Its not a bad start and if he makes a fist of it he will become a real hero...I saw the Rovers game a GC last season and he had completed sussed us...we`ve got to be a bit realistic on who might actually know his way round this league.

I am being realistic, but Trollopes name has been banded about since March surely we would of just put him in charge and be done with it rather than inviting applicants and creating this media circus of interviews and rumours.
Part of me wonders if he was Fittons choice and that Wray is being fair and giving him the chance of an interview.
As soon as Lenny Lawrence left Rovers they dropped like a stone, I see Trollope as much a risk as anyone.. just a cheaper risk

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 15:50:12 »

trollope will go into the interview prepared i'm sure.he has done his homework on the team and his old chap has been around watching the kids. i doubt the others will have much info in the way of what they already know about the club.
i'm sure trollope will have solid views on what he will do for stfc and who comes in and who goes.i think bodin would be his no2 aswell.

as i don't know alot about wray i'm not sure if the lure of a big ex star in di canio will tempt him,likewise the experience of burely's previous roles at the highest level.

at 6-1 trollope looks good value but i'm not going in yet.keep lumping on di-canio folks!!!!!

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 15:58:16 »

I tend to agree.  I have Burley as my favourite, followed fairly by closely by Di Canio and with Trollope as a third choice.  Had we stayed up and Hart had still been shown the door, I would have probably have favoured Di Canio slightly over Burley.

I'm not adverse to Burley, apart from the nagging gut feeling, that there must be something wrong with him if he's fallen to Div 4....something known about in the football world.

Di Canio would be a disaster quite apart from his divisive politics, we need probably 12 or so new players, how would he approach this? He'll know fuck all about Div 4 Conference etc....so would probably turn to an agent, a bit like Colin T*dd did.

Trollope however has watched us loads, probably knows what needs sorting, and probably knows a few player she'd like to bring in.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 16:02:07 »

I'm not adverse to Burley, apart from the nagging gut feeling, that there must be something wrong with him if he's fallen to Div 4....something known about in the football world.

No doubt some people will think his drink problem is a factor.  I think it is more likely that his stints at Scotland & Palace have unfairly hurt his reputation, he is an ideal buy low candidate for me.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #170 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 16:04:13 »

No doubt some people will think his drink problem is a factor.  I think it is more likely that his stints at Scotland & Palace have unfairly hurt his reputation, he is an ideal buy low candidate for me.

I fear his stint as Jocko manager and manager of the Eagles sent him to drink in the first place!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 16:11:41 »

I fear his stint as Jocko manager and manager of the Eagles sent him to drink in the first place!

It happens....Howard Kendall being a prime case.
Wiggler

« Reply #172 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 16:42:11 »

Lets be honest cv-wise George Burley is the stand out candidate by a mile and the board would be fools not to employ him.

...So why have I got fingers arms and legs crossed that it's Di Canio!!  Hmmm

In my opinion managing in the lower leagues is all about getting 11 players to run through walls for you. forget tactics formations and players skill levels, its about being the strongest team. What better talisman to bring the whole club together fans and players alike than a charismatic leader with an obvious passion for the game who will surely be well respected by players at this level?

someone used Chris Sutton as an example of a ex-player failed manager but he was hardly the most inspiring bloke was he? look at that cunt mad dog, no tactical connesuir for sure, but he somehow manages to get his teams to play for him. He manages to inspire shit players somehow.

Di Canio's autobiography is the most entertaining sports book I've ever read. If you haven't read it I can highly recommend it. He is a fascinating character, a born winner, and a bit of a nutter to boot no doubt. There was one story about when he was at Napoli and one of his team mates was getting ribbed at a local restaurant about his looks so Di Canio got the whole team together marched down there and had it out with the manager. can't remember the exact example but I get the impression he values team spirit as a massive commodity and I think that's more important than anything else at this level I really do.

Since it's become apparent this isn't just paper talk and he is a bonafide candidate, I've got that excited anticipation feeling that only football can bring - He could be the greatest thing to happen to this club since Macari. It would absolutely make my summer if we got Paolo in the hallowed hotseat at the CG.

Please make it happen Mr Wray! Beers
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 17:12:51 »

In my opinion managing in the lower leagues is all about getting 11 players to run through walls for you. forget tactics formations and players skill levels, its about being the strongest team. What better talisman to bring the whole club together fans and players alike than a charismatic leader with an obvious passion for the game who will surely be well respected by players at this level?

someone used Chris Sutton as an example of a ex-player failed manager but he was hardly the most inspiring bloke was he? look at that cunt mad dog, no tactical connesuir for sure, but he somehow manages to get his teams to play for him. He manages to inspire shit players somehow.

Totally disagree.

You can have that sort of manager for the top teams, they have top players who dont need so much technical coaching so its all about managing the mental aspect, i.e act as some sort of cheerleader to fire them up.

In the lower leagues the players generally aren't great so you need someone out on the training ground teaching them tactics, etc.
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 17:33:27 »

Trollope may not be the manager - he may be the coach? something to chew on

I used to be Fatbury
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 17:58:03 »

It's not Lawrie Sanchez, appointed Barnet manager. Bit unlucky for Grazioli.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 13, 2011, 18:04:26 by Summerof69 » Logged

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 18:02:24 »

Even more unlucky for Barnet
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 18:03:45 »

Even more unlucky for Barnet
Cheesy

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Wiggler

« Reply #178 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 18:14:51 »

Totally disagree.

You can have that sort of manager for the top teams, they have top players who dont need so much technical coaching so its all about managing the mental aspect, i.e act as some sort of cheerleader to fire them up.

In the lower leagues the players generally aren't great so you need someone out on the training ground teaching them tactics, etc.

I agree to a point. It's a simple game, even more so in div 4 - it isn't individual brilliance or flowing football which makes you stand out at this level, it's hard work and team spirit I truly believe that. Tactics should be know your job and work hard for each other. Team spirit goes a long long way.

As you go up the leagues its where the tactical and individual brilliance begins to set you apart from the competition but at this level, keep the instructions clear for the players. Get a team of workers that will unite behind the manager and die for the cause. thats the reason I think Di Canio would be perfect for us this season.

Fair enough though, all about opinions!  Yes
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 18:24:13 »

Trollope may not be the manager - he may be the coach? something to chew on

Come on then, what have you heard off your buddy Trolls ?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: