Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Town Boss to be Announced Next Wednesday  (Read 56294 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #105 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:29:11 »

his political views will divide some,but i was more on about how he acted as a footballer.

What did he do as a footballers that will be divisive?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #106 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:30:09 »

That Brian Clough was always a quiet bloke

Oh yeah, one of the best ever.

Fine example of the perfect gentleman.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:30:23 »

I guess people are commenting on when he put his hands on a ref and the ref took the most dramatic tumble beyond even C. Ronaldos capabilities
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:30:32 »

I don't see your point Nev.

Did he or did he not do well as a manager?

Started well with us, then jumped ship. Didn't do much for Leeds though did he ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #109 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:31:37 »

Nev

I think you're deliberately trying to avoid the point.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #110 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:32:56 »

I guess people are commenting on when he put his hands on a ref and the ref took the most dramatic tumble beyond even C. Ronaldos capabilities
This is what i am waiting for people to say as as far as i can remember it's the only bad thing he has done as a footballer which is what matters isn't it. On that basis we should hang david prutton aswell

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:33:43 »

What did he do as a footballers that will be divisive?

as a footballer it was all about him.we've seen things he did and heard about other things he allegedly did. he may well change as a manager, but i dont think we should give him that chance.as a player he only had to worry about himself.totally different task as a manager. i dont think he has the right personality to manage stfc.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #112 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:34:25 »

as a footballer it was all about him.we've seen things he did and heard about other things he allegedly did. he may well change as a manager, but i dont think we should give him that chance.as a player he only had to worry about himself.totally different task as a manager. i dont think he has the right personality to manage stfc.
Being serious here and not arguing but what is he supposed to have done mate.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #113 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:34:43 »

What, you mean like not scoring into an empty net because an opposition player was down?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #114 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:35:49 »

Started well with us, then jumped ship. Didn't do much for Leeds though did he ?

Hang on

He did actually do quite well at Leeds
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:42:17 »

Hang on

He did actually do quite well at Leeds

I'm probably wrong then. I don't rate the bloke as a manager - chances are it was Poyet's influence

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #116 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:43:27 »

Well yeah.

But I'm pointing out that people saying he can't manage because of his personality/temperament is just a big bunch of ball bags.

But you quoted a bit about selfishness and the fact Wise fucked off to Leeds so soon was partly down to selfishness. I think I got the wrong end of the stick by you post though. I think you meant:

I don't understand why people would think Di Canio is selfish.

Another concern which has been expressed is Di Canio's actions and his temperament. Wise was also a nutter on and off the pitch and it didn't affect his ability to manage

Likewise my post went completey over your head it seems.

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:45:54 »

Being serious here and not arguing but what is he supposed to have done mate.

been covered earlier in the thread. allegedly very selfish and petulant when he was a player.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #118 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:48:55 »

Ah right ok pretty much like 99% of footballers though isn't it. Don't get me wrong i understand why people don't want him
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 10:49:46 »

Fear of the unknown is what I think most Town fans are suffering with about Di Canio, its all ifs and buts.

What we need to rememeber is he is 1 of 6 to 8 that have been interviewed, while this board have made a few mistakes in the past if they see a loose cannon in the interview does anyone really think they would allow him within an inch of taking over as manager just to maybe put a few more bums on seats?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: