Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Di Canio in Swindon manager talks  (Read 40025 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 13:28:33 »

I'm torn. My heart says appoint him, my head says stay well clear. Bloody hell....
Same, if it happens I'll be buzzing and shitting it at the same time.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 13:45:26 »

...like an incontinent bumble bee in flight.
Barry Scott

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 13:47:10 »

Same, if it happens I'll be buzzing and shitting it at the same time.

Which is what makes football good.

King might not have been our best manager, but his questionable style and wilingness to chase games means he produced many of the most memorable games in the past decade or more. In my opinion of course.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 13:56:45 »

I think if we do it will make for some pretty interesting press interviews!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 13:59:28 »

Even to the most politically left wing Swindon fans, Di Canio must be looking a whole lot better now we have been linked to Rix :-/
flammableBen

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 14:01:22 »

Even to the most politically left wing Swindon fans, Di Canio must be looking a whole lot better now we have been linked to Rix :-/

Luckily it's not a choice between the two.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 14:02:46 »

I'm sure they'll have no problem with it given that the majority of fascist policies are left-wing in nature.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
stfcinbmth

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 14:08:55 »

Could be quite an exciting appointment, and well worth a go. Hope he brings his boots
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 14:15:15 »

I'm sure they'll have no problem with it given that the majority of fascist policies are left-wing in nature.

Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick....the CG was used as a POW camp to lock up Italian fascists....appointing one as manager is just wrong in every way.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 14:32:22 »

Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick....the CG was used as a POW camp to lock up Italian fascists....appointing one as manager is just wrong in every way.

Yeah I knew about the use of the CG as a POW camp - I've made no comment either for or against Di Canio's appointment - just an observation that many elements of Fascist politics have a left wing slant to them.

My view is given that the desire of the club is to be more 'family friendly' and 'community oriented', Di Canio's politics is likely to prove a distraction - therefore on that basis he's probably unsuitable and I'll be surprised if he gets the job. On a personal note I couldn't give a damn about a manager's politics as long as he doesn't bring the club into disrepute.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 14:34:14 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 14:41:55 »

I wish that people would get over the whole facist thing..so fucking what.. Moriniho is an egotistical fuckwit, Wenger is a cheese eating surrender monkey, Hart is an incompetent twat, Hoddle believes that disabled people were bad in a previous life but you would welcome him with open arms. I will love it if Di canio comes to the CG, i am fed up to the back teeth will us taking the sensible option and getting no-where, lets shake it up a bit and see what happens, yes it might be a car crash but what a fucking ride it will be.   

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 14:51:27 »

I've heard he's house-hunting in Shaw as we speak. football's meant to be fun isn't it. This is about as exciting as the whole of last year put together - in the same as sitting on the edge of a plane waiting to jump is exciting: you're bricking it, it'll be over before you know it, but it'll be pretty memorable along the way. That's worst case.

Best case is he's the next Mourinho. He's a footballer with political views. That in itself, makes him and Clarke Carlisle the only footballers who even know what Question Time is.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:07:29 »

Yeah I knew about the use of the CG as a POW camp - I've made no comment either for or against Di Canio's appointment - just an observation that many elements of Fascist politics have a left wing slant to them.

My view is given that the desire of the club is to be more 'family friendly' and 'community oriented', Di Canio's politics is likely to prove a distraction - therefore on that basis he's probably unsuitable and I'll be surprised if he gets the job. On a personal note I couldn't give a damn about a manager's politics as long as he doesn't bring the club into disrepute.

Of course a manager's politics with a small p are his own business...but when you openly espouse fascist policies that many STFC fans and players in the past fought against and in some cases died for, then it shows an alarming lack of sensitivity to even consider.

As I said elsewhere, I can only assume such unsuitable candidates are being thrown in to soften us up for a safe pair of hands.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:09:30 »

Did we fight against fascism or did we fight against a country that happened to be fascist?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:09:39 »

After the crap of this season just gone, the one thing that has brightened my mood, is the fact that this Di Canio rumour has legs. I can imagine now the buzz before the 1st game if he gets the job. Even Mex might smile! He might as people say be awful, but it certainly wont be boring. I don't like boring.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: