Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The New Manager Rumour Samdy's Moobs are feeling tender Thread  (Read 47851 times)
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 09:44:23 »

the 'news' stories in mirror and guardian have no quotes from club, di canio or agent. This rumour has only come about because some press gimp said VC had stopped taken bets on him. Another bookies stopped taking bets on Holloway before Wilson, another stopped taking bets on Hoddle Friday.

This is ridiculous.

The adver story only exists because it's being talked about by fans.

such a non story.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 10:07:23 »

Play along  Juddie...
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 10:11:50 »

Yeah Juddie

What's the point of a rumour thread if we can't get worked up about an unlikely event.

If we don't get an official denial by the end of the day however, I think I might begin to think it's true.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 10:13:59 »

If we don't get an official denial by the end of the day however, I think I might begin to think it's true.

No, the rule is nothing is true until it's officially denied - so it's not true at the moment.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 10:31:50 »

Don't get me wrong, I love rumours but people are talking about di Canio like it's fact!!
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 10:32:05 »

Although not a denial, but i did notice a different answer which i could be reading too much into,

When Wray was asked on Saturday about Hoddle he said he had no application/CV had been received from Hoddle,
when asked by Radio Swindon on Sunday/ Monday about Di Canio, he said soemthing of along the lines of I not going to name names rather than a denial.  

Maybe just a change of tact, before he gets asked about everyone who name pops up, but definetly not a denial of his application.  
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 10:39:21 »

Although not a denial, but i did notice a different answer which i could be reading too much into,

When Wray was asked on Saturday about Hoddle he said he had no application/CV had been received from Hoddle,
when asked by Radio Swindon on Sunday/ Monday about Di Canio, he said soemthing of along the lines of I not going to name names rather than a denial.  

Maybe just a change of tact, before he gets asked about everyone who name pops up, but definetly not a denial of his application.  

Hoddle hasn't applied.

I think Di Canio has and will be interviewed.

The media have jumped the gun and put him favourite.

It'll end up being Trollope.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 10:40:06 »

IF the rumours are true before we all start knocking the idea and thinking about his past lets wait and see what he may have to offer. The chances are it's bollocks but for all we know he may have someone willing to work alongside him who could be invaluable a bit like wise did when he was here.

I was a bit like Juddie and thought this was bollocks but other names have been mentioned and Wray has been quick to say it's \not happening yet the adver interviewed him after this story broke and we have not had a denial

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 10:41:09 »

Hoddle hasn't applied.

I think Di Canio has and will be interviewed.

The media have jumped the gun and put him favourite.

It'll end up being Trollope.

i think you have it right.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 10:55:28 »

Gary Rose just tweeted that Di Canio's agent has hinted that Di Canio has applied.

Gary Rose:

Paolo Di Canio's agent would not deny that he has applied for Swindon job, but certainly hinted it is a job that interested him.

Agent quote ''Looks better to manage a side to promotion from League 2 than take over a Prem side that gets relegated''
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 11:29:06 »

I'd bloody love di Canio... could be an absolute car crash but his passion and lunacy is what we need.  Would be a bumpy but fun ride with him in charge, and with his contacts I can see some sumptuous signings.  If di Canio decides to pull on his boots, even better.

Very dubious though as to whether there is any truth in this.  Seems only to have come about because of the bookies...  Hmm.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 11:36:48 »

I still reckon Di Canio's agent is using us as a stalking horse to spark some interest from West Ham. Bloody hope so anyway
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 11:39:51 »

Blimey, appointing Di Canio  would be a high risk strategy. An exciting one though. Certainly ticks the boxes for creating a wave of fan excitement.

I still think I would go down the Richard Money type route. Problem is there isn't an obvious "get him" answer really.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 11:42:11 »

I quite like the idea of a Di Canio style appointment, I just don't want it to be him.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 12:18:22 »

Someone mentioed to me today they had heard that Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has applied for the job and got an interview on Weds.

I've warmed to the idea of Di cannio with an experienced No 2 alongside him, we've got a good history of blooding young first time managers and I'm sure he have the contacts
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: