Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Away travel next season  (Read 1905 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 10:43:10 »

According to the thisisstfc site there is no away service for Town fans next season.  I have spoken to my brother who works at hatts and they may be interested in taking this on, subject to numbers.  If you would be interested in using this coach service next season please go to

http://www.hattstravel.co.uk/contact.html

and hopefully they will up for providing transport to lovely places such as Barnsley, Hartlepool and Milton Keynes.
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 10:49:52 »

I'm not really fussed. Any away game i go to will be by car anyway. i've no desire for the journey to take twice as long as it should do and be surrounded by the dregs of society
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 10:58:59 »

Same as....train for close games - Brentford, Swansea, Brizzle, MK etc; Then it'll be drive for others.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 12:47:07 »

Gary Stanley appears to organising away travel next season....it was good of him to volunteer. Might have been worth asking if SAS were running though.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 12:51:19 »

Do you know if they are running then Reg?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 13:02:21 »

Back in May it was announced that Plowman and Annie were retiring after 20 years of running SAS,  I posted it under Club News .

I've not heard  either way whether someones taken over or not....but would be surprised if it was left to die.....

I think Stanley is teh man for the job.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 13:39:11 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Back in May it was announced that Plowman and Annie were retiring after 20 years of running SAS,  I posted it under Club News .

I've not heard  either way whether someones taken over or not....but would be surprised if it was left to die.....

There's been an update to the threads on the Trust board about this - apparently Paul and Annie are retiring but they have arranged for people to take over so although they are going, SAS travel will continue to be run by new volunteers.
http://www.truststfc.co.uk/forum/index.php?s=&act=ST&f=4&t=3299&st=0&#entry22890
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 16:38:17 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

There's been an update to the threads on the Trust board about this - apparently Paul and Annie are retiring but they have arranged for people to take over so although they are going, SAS travel will continue to be run by new volunteers.
http://www.truststfc.co.uk/forum/index.php?s=&act=ST&f=4&t=3299&st=0&#entry22890

Thanks for that......kind of what I expected.

So Stanley messing around is just going to muddy the waters.....
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 17:14:11 »

Dont be so harsh he's only trying to help.He's obviously got hold of the wrong end of the stick but he's not the only one.Even one of the guys who is helping out with SAS admits he doesnt really know whats going on yet.

/
W56196272
Marie

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 18:04:36 »

plus hes organising car shares and stuff... directions and railtimes, costs etc. he knows that SAS could still happen but if it doesn't theres a back up plan. not a waste of time at all.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 21:17:51 »

To be fair to stanley no one knew what was happening, at least people are starting to get the information through due to him bringing it up

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 23:19:44 »

Quote from: "Whits"
To be fair to stanley no one knew what was happening, at least people are starting to get the information through due to him bringing it up

Yup - spoke to a few people about this during the course of the day and a good few were confused by what was happening (even before today's postings) so all this today has at least served to clarify the situation. Plus, top marks to him and JanAage for pulling the start of an alternative out of the drawer if it had been needed - nice to know that if SAS had been facing going tits up for whatever reason, we've got fans prepared to step into the breach.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: