Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exclusive: Positive Thinking With Paul Hart. Part 1  (Read 1678 times)
Smells like Dave Syrett

« on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 10:28:49 »

Swindon boss Paul Hart gives us the lowdown on how to remain positive despite everything being a bit shit.

Hi, I'm Paul Hart, and positivity is my drug. I have positivity flowing through my veins. Infact if you tested me for drugs, I'd test positive!

When News Rhino contacted me about writing a feature for thetownend.com I was temporarily paralysed with shock when they told me that some fans of the club had expressed concern over what they described as 'negative tactics'. That's right, you read it right! Negative tactics!

'Negative' isn't in the Paul Hart Dictionary. I'm serious! The Paul Hart Dictionary goes from 'need' to 'negotiate' which are both words that come in handy when discussing my contract.

If you look at the club's current position then it would be easy to be all doom and gloom, but we're above Chesterfield on the football ladder, and their fans are celebrating! I think that sums up the mentality of Swindon supporters.

You have to stay positive when it looks like the odds are stacked against you. For example, I'm not asking myself 'Can I get a new contract?' I'm telling myself 'I can get a new contract!'.

I was made to feel uncomfortable during the Notts County game, I could feel the insults from behind me and angry eyes piercing into the back of my head, and that was just Simon Ferry! Some of the things the fans did were even worse!

People said I was too defensive in must win games, but I say in order to score goals you have to make sure you don't concede any. If you don't concede any then you've got a chance of scoring. Our problem was that we conceded goals and failed to score enough to cancel out the goals that we conceded. If you concede more goals than you score then you don't win games. That's why we lost games and that's why we're bottom of the league, not because I was too defensive, but because we didn't score enough goals. No amount of calling me a clueless fuckwit is going to change that.

In Part 2, Paul teaches people who have a terminal illness that the only way is up.

[url width=460 height=238]http://img.skysports.com/09/11/460x238/Stoke-v-Portsmouth-Paul-Hart_2387992.jpg[/url]
Every day, in every way, I'm getting better

« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 10:35:21 by News Rhino » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 10:58:46 »

Haha
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 11:12:56 »

Paul Hart is Swindons very own Derren Brown, he can create an illusion that fools crowds of 8000 into seeing a 433 formation appear to be 451, while also magically turning those crowds into 6000 for next season...All those fans near the dugout saturday were actually asking for his autograph as they were so impressed
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 11:53:18 »

[url width=460 height=238]http://img.skysports.com/09/11/460x238/Stoke-v-Portsmouth-Paul-Hart_2387992.jpg[/url]
Every day, in every way, I'm getting better

Three people I showed this pic to have commented as follows:

.......looks like he's just sh*t himself, doesn't he?

More cheese Gromit?

Looks like he's waiting for the lynch mob!!

« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 12:21:45 by Luci » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: