Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 135   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Games games games  (Read 521158 times)
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 18:52:18 »

Just finished Gears Of War 2. Very average. Trudging slowly through a very grey world, facing enemies whose AI is just smart enough to be very dumb and using a cover system that masks the lack of challenge or strategy plus a weapon selection that although wide never actually forces to change your selection. Oh and some cheap demographic pleasing swearing and gore.

I feel the need for something a little more intelligent next - Dead Space, probably.
ive been looking for games for the xbox and gears of war was one of them, There isnt many exclusives to choose from compaired to ps3

dead space will not disappoint
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 18:52:28 »

Loads at the moment. Currently on Killzone 3 and Skate 3 as well as F1, Fifa and NHL. Also got myself a copy of Assassins Creed Brotherhood the other day at long last. Big fan of the AC series but haven't had a chance to get the latest installment until now.
woolster

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 18:55:11 »

have you played the undead edition of red dead yet?
ive got undead, its ok, deadspace1 & 2 were superb, i purchased homefront last week a fps, its shit, am back to playing zombies on cod, reached round 31 on live with 3 others, took us just under 4 hours
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 18:56:35 »

Best FPS out currently is Killzone 3. Great game engine but it does take a while to get used to. Worth getting if you have a PS3 for sure. Also has a good multiplayer and is a very good and different alternative to COD.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 18:58:03 »

Occasionally get the time for a little flit on Football Manager now and again. Hardly ever get the time to get on the PS3 anymore, haven't bought a PS3 game for years!
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 19:03:23 »

Occasionally get the time for a little flit on Football Manager now and again. Hardly ever get the time to get on the PS3 anymore, haven't bought a PS3 game for years!
lots to catch up with then
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 19:30:48 »

Sim City 3000, Theme Hospital, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and NHL 96 on the Mega Drive.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 21:13:05 »

Choking the chicken
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 21:15:22 »

Guess the manager...........might log a patent for that one.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 21:16:48 »

No PC gamers?

I've been playing Lego Star Wars 3 and Dead Space 2 on my PS3 and I resurrected CM01/02 to play at work.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 21:19:25 »

that babies for you! i dont get much of a chance since my little one was born
flammableBen

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 21:46:36 »

I've been mostly playing lots of Dungeon Crawl and Dwarf Fortress, because I'm the biggest geek and can put up with games displayed in ascii. Dwarf Fortress is well worth the effort to learn how to play because it's like crack. I nickname all my dwarfs after Swindon Players, Gurney and Sol Davis had a child together.

Also a jrpg runout with a spot of Final Fantasy IX (the forgotten best playstaion FF) and Chrono Cross (criminal that the chrono series didn't get a Europe release Sad, basically playing it for the soundtrack).

I've had game OCD a lot recently, I struggle to keep the concentration up. I've got half finished run throughs of all the Metroid Prime games (worth picking up the collection if you have a wii gathering up dust. Metroid Prime 1 is possibly the best game of the last decade.), Cave Story, FF5, Deus Ex, System Shock II and Thief 2 and probably a few others. Those last 3 are the three best games ever made so I normally have a run going on at least one of them at any one time.

Had a bit of fun with goldeneye online, but I'm much more a twitch FPS gamer. Fuck all this hiding in cover shit, give me reflex circle strafing and rocket jumps any day.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 05:25:44 »

Tropico 3, which I am thoroughly enjoying.
is that the cuban style island game? if so i had the original and had no idea another two had been made. if not then move along, nothing to see here

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 06:47:05 »

I've been mostly playing lots of Dungeon Crawl and Dwarf Fortress, because I'm the biggest geek and can put up with games displayed in ascii.

Haha Dwarf Fortress is hardcore, I came across it the other day but didn't know where to start.

Been playing a lot of Assassin's Creed, the latest one is mint. Also COD, FIFA, bit of Civilization on the PC and doing my best Danny Wilson impression on FM2011. I'm truly awful at that game.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 06:48:37 »

is that the cuban style island game? if so i had the original and had no idea another two had been made. if not then move along, nothing to see here
You are correct sir
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 135   Go Up
Print
Jump to: