Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 [134] 135   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Games games games  (Read 521177 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #1995 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:00:46 »

Good start  Smiley

Did you download a new db or did you edit the new players in yourself?
Both!

I downloaded and started the game with the new DB but swapped out players that are no longer with us and added the ones we have signed, no player stats were altered at all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #1996 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 21:51:10 »

Kingdoms Reborn is good. It's like an upgraded Banished.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1997 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 07:30:39 »

Swindon are under a year long transfer embargo in the FM22 Beta. Offers flying in for players and they're getting very grumpy at not being allowed to move...

Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #1998 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 09:53:59 »

Swindon are under a year long transfer embargo in the FM22 Beta. Offers flying in for players and they're getting very grumpy at not being allowed to move...

Is it actually any better than last years game?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1999 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 10:04:15 »

I haven't played the beta as yet but from what I have seen it looks pretty much identical to 2021, which I am currently playing and have got Devizes promoted into the Nation South, 4 promotions in 4 years.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2000 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 12:45:36 »

I love a bit of nostalgia around football computer games

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/nov/04/joys-of-90s-football-gaming-no-passing-no-training-seven-discs

And after reading this got me thinking about a football game I used to play whereby the results of your match was determined by your ability to have your player (basically a blob) moved into the position that had been given to you via pre-game maps. (I also have a feeling you had to get football trivia questions right to ascertain how many goal chances you would get but I am not totally sure on that) It took me a few goes to realise I was supposed to line up my blob with the maps and I used to just follow the ball about trying aimlessly to score.

Any suggestions as to what on earth this might have been?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #2001 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 12:49:23 »

I love a bit of nostalgia around football computer games

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/nov/04/joys-of-90s-football-gaming-no-passing-no-training-seven-discs

And after reading this got me thinking about a football game I used to play whereby the results of your match was determined by your ability to have your player (basically a blob) moved into the position that had been given to you via pre-game maps. (I also have a feeling you had to get football trivia questions right to ascertain how many goal chances you would get but I am not totally sure on that) It took me a few goes to realise I was supposed to line up my blob with the maps and I used to just follow the ball about trying aimlessly to score.

Any suggestions as to what on earth this might have been?
Footballer of the year, you win goal cards and use a certain amount in matches and have to remember the pattern of play to get to the final ball and score.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2002 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 13:27:02 »

Footballer of the year, you win goal cards and use a certain amount in matches and have to remember the pattern of play to get to the final ball and score.

That's the one JJ - I think it was actually footballer of the year 2 I was playing. I knew you would know sir, legend!! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman

« Reply #2003 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 13:48:16 »

TBH I was playing it only about a month ago on the C64 and Amiga emulators on the PC so it was pretty fresh in my mind, I used to play it all the time!

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2004 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 13:56:00 »

Loved the Speccy version!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #2005 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 13:59:50 »

Loved the Speccy version!
I have it on Speccy emulator too!

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2006 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 14:05:16 »

TBH I was playing it only about a month ago on the C64 and Amiga emulators on the PC so it was pretty fresh in my mind, I used to play it all the time!

I really can't remember what computer I played it on. I think it was at a child minders house when my mum was working so wasn't our home computer. (Amstrad 6128 with green screen) It's amazing how detailed the modern games are these days (looking at you Football Manager) and it's still sometimes equally, if not more fun, to play games from the 80's and 90's!

Peter Venkman

« Reply #2007 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 14:13:32 »

I really can't remember what computer I played it on. I think it was at a child minders house when my mum was working so wasn't our home computer. (Amstrad 6128 with green screen) It's amazing how detailed the modern games are these days (looking at you Football Manager) and it's still sometimes equally, if not more fun, to play games from the 80's and 90's!
I love playing modern games with fantastic real life graphics but often all I want is an old game with poor graphics and average game play but that was really engrossing, which many games were back then.

My first computer was a ZX81 in 1981 for 」89.99 which is what set me off in computers from then on I had a Dragon 32, Speccy 48k, C64, BBC model B, Amiga then I progressed onto PC's around 1990 even though I had been fixing them since 1986 I had never been able to afford the 80286 based PC until then as it cost more than my Mk2 RS2000 at the time!

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #2008 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 13:41:24 »

My mind was blown when I played X Wing on my 486sx25 PC

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #2009 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 14:00:32 »

My mind was blown when I played X Wing on my 486sx25 PC
Doom did that to me back in 93, mind blown.

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 [134] 135   Go Up
Print
Jump to: