Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 135   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Games games games  (Read 521127 times)
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #1665 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 08:31:59 »

I enjoyed TLOU but one thing annoyed me...you couldn't assign your other survivors to go fight walkers or go on a mission. Which is fine at first but when you had say 6 things happen, almost simultaneously, everyone relied on your character to resolve the lot. Yet it was impossible to do it all without another character getting fucked off and leaving. Yeah, cheers ya cunt, how's about you go and checkout the mini-mall while I'm juggling 17 plates, restoring a hospital and tending to 3 comms stations! You could only assign them to things at your base/safe area.

The concept was really good though, hopefully those issues have been dealt with in TLOU2.

This sounds more like you are describing State of Decay rather than the last of us... The last of us is linear progression and you really don't have to care about anyone other than your own character and the little girl. What you have said sounds more like Open world and the fact you mentioned a character leaving if you didn't do missions sounds more open world... Definitely State of Decay.

Edit: has taken me until now to realise that typing "soapy tit wank" will change to "Soapy Tit Wank"  Clap
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1666 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 08:35:10 »

Front Runner for the most pointless game of all time. Farming Simulator 2019.
My kids love tractors and the like so downloaded a demo for them. They love just driving around in random vehicles, but for someone to actually sit there and play the game as it supposed to be played needs their heads checked.

I actually bought this for a friend of mine and she loved it. Think it's her 'dream' to run a farm one day. Not for me, personally, but obviously a market for it.
Flashheart

« Reply #1667 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 08:48:13 »

I got Total War: Three Kingdoms the other day, I've hardly played it yet.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #1668 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 09:10:03 »

I got Total War: Three Kingdoms the other day, I've hardly played it yet.

TW:3k is a mixed bag. I have been playing total wars since Shogun 1 and can say hands down that 3k has the best diplomacy of the entire franchise, great graphics, and there are other features which make it stand out. But I got close to the finish of one campaign and realised the next one would be the same even if I chose a different completely faction, and all the units look the ruddy same with every battle usually going the same as well. 3k is like they took the history aspect seriously and then decided to chuck in Warhammer tactics and tactics.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1669 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 15:25:46 »

This sounds more like you are describing State of Decay.

Edit: has taken me until now to realise that typing "soapy tit wank" will change to "Soapy Tit Wank"  Clap

Ffs, yes State of Decay is the one. Fuck knows where I was going but yes in SoD it's fucking annoying. I retract my TLOU comments haha!

Yeah typing l.o.l (minus periods) will bring up soapy tit wank. If you're unsure, you can always rap the "Preview" button to make sure  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1670 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 13:00:03 »

Following on from Farm Simulator, there is actually a game called Goat Simulator  Huh?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1671 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 13:55:35 »

Goat simulator is amazing. My girls (7 and 9) love it.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #1672 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 15:18:55 »

I see your "Goat Simulator" and raise your "Goat of Duty"... and yes that is a real game in development. Where did the world go so wrong.

Any Eve Online players on this forum?
Flashheart

« Reply #1673 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 15:27:38 »

I see your "Goat Simulator" and raise your "Goat of Duty"... and yes that is a real game in development. Where did the world go so wrong.

By not making it sooner?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1674 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 15:35:50 »

if that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

it's no llamatron mind
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1675 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 09:24:22 »

Along the same lines as Farming Simulator, Euro Truck Sim 2 is a great game, really chilled out just to go for a drive with a podcast on, and drive some fancy trucks. Haven't played much since that became my actual job, (minus the fancy trucks! I was the final driver for our 12 year old, 1.3m KM Mercedes Axor last week, we've got three shiny new 69-plate Girl Giggle DAFs sat in the yard though!) but my oldest kid sometimes asks to play it.

If anyone is looking for a decent racing game, Automobilista is worth a crack on the PC. Brazilian, so has got some nutty licences and a weird choice of cars, but the racing itself is good fun. A while back I bought Emergency 20, a german-made game where you control the emergency services at a bunch of disasters. Played the original way back when.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #1676 on: Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 10:55:55 »

Don't play my PS4 as often as i'd like but I've recently started playing Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and i'm addicted.
The past 4 nights i've been up until ungodly hours because i just lose track of time. This is the first Uncharted game i've played and i feel like ive been missing out all this time.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1677 on: Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 14:44:17 »

I've recently bought some games for my xbox one S.
Gta 5, Mafia 3 and Doom. I'm an angry man  Smiley
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #1678 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 10:17:46 »

I'm trying to resist Tropico 6 for as long as possible. Or when the paycheck clears could tip the scale. £35 in Argos.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1679 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 15:48:41 »

Never played the Tropico games, any good?

Just picked up Out Of The Park 20 on steam for £7, not a massive baseball fan but I do love a management sim...

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 135   Go Up
Print
Jump to: