Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Memorable Boxing Day fixtures (part1)  (Read 3790 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 24, 2004, 19:00:37 »

......in no particular order for no particular reason.

Forest 98 away.......our ultimate bogey team 3-0 down in about 20 minutes, a classic perormance of that McMahon era......35 to 40 minutes before the first powder puff shot on goal.

The lads I've gone with write it off at 3 and spend the rest of the game in the bar.

Stoke away 95......pissing down with rain, and straight in under the roof into away fans faces.

For some reason at the old Vic ground they placed home fans in seats above the away fans terrace, so a steady stream of objects food etc are rained down. Neanderthal scum.

Still got a 0-0 draw which was hugely exciting, as that season we got relegated and leaked goals for fun.

Newport away 80, all time classic, Town having a poor season,  Jimmy Allan has to be taken off early doors with an injury, so Andy Rowland plays in goal....Brian Williams gets injured and as the one sub comes on for Allan, he' s strapped up like the invisible man and plays on the wing.

Rowland plays out of his skin and goals from Kammy and Russell (bender) Lewis,  secure the points....if only this current lot could battle like that.

Blackburn home 89,  swirling fog envelops the CG and its touch and go whether the game finishes, Duncan Shearer scores a goal, when he closes down a wide player near the side of the Shrivvy Road stand, about 40 yards from goal, the ball hits his outstretched foot and flies off unerringly into the goal. it finishes 4-3 although nobody really saw at least 3 of the goals. :scribe
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 26, 2004, 18:28:05 »

In recent times, Wolves in about ... erm ... 96 or so.  Iffy scoring a last minute winner in front of the Town End.  That was a good game, from what I remember.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 26, 2004, 18:59:56 »

Good call always good to win 1-0 with the a late goal....it was in fact 98, the Forest game I mentioned should have been 97.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 26, 2004, 20:17:46 »

Reading 0 Swindon 1 1987

Jimmy Quinn scored the winner.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 26, 2004, 20:31:57 »

Always good to win at Reading.........
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 18:56:07 »

2 years ago away at Brentford. We were shit and lost 3-1 but Jimmy Davis played and I was there.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 12:12:17 »

brentford wasnt boxing day it was september, i was there too,  the reading game at elm park was ace, away end packed and going mental.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 15:36:39 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
brentford wasnt boxing day it was september, i was there too,  the reading game at elm park was ace, away end packed and going mental.
Oh sorry, could've sworn it was dec 26. my mistake!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 18:00:33 »

Quote from: "Chris K"
In recent times, Wolves in about ... erm ... 96 or so.  Iffy scoring a last minute winner in front of the Town End.  That was a good game, from what I remember.

doubt it was 96 if onoura was playing, more like 98/99? i remember it though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 18:21:54 »

You been on the pop Johno....I pointed that out in the next post.

Or maybe  :doobie
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 3, 2005, 12:47:20 »

Quote from: "Johno"
Quote from: "Chris K"

doubt it was 96 if onoura was playing, more like 98/99? i remember it though.

Yeah, my memory is a bit hazy from that period -- not that I wasn't going -- but more to do with the amount of alcohol I was throwing down my neck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: