Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Resigned  (Read 38250 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:42:31 »

As someone said before who ever it is will have been sacked by someone previously to be available so you will always be able to point out negatives to ever it is. I hope it is someone with a track record of getting out of this League the likes of Keane and Hughton would find it such a culture shock being in this league that they would not last 5 minutes. Gary Johnson ticks all the right boxes as a proven lower league manager and would probably relish a job in this area where he has had success before with win ratios of 52% at Yeovil, 40% at Shitty and 42% at Posh if he can replicate that in the last 13 games we could survive.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:43:30 »

Names of 'proven' (champ/prem level) managers currently without clubs:

Southgate, Strachan, Keane, Chris Coleman, Dowie, Hughton, di Matteo, Phil Parkinson, Paolo Sousa, Curbishley

Not Peter Taylor please. Ambivalent about Gary Johnson.

In a dreamland, I'd like Gary McAllister please.

I would say most of that list other than Johnson or Parkinson comes from dreamland. We're probably going to be in div 4 next year - I'd expect most of them would rather commentate on ESPN or Channel 5 than manage a bottom tier side.  
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:43:56 »

People who were demanding anyone but Wilson suddenly seem very picky.

Personally think Johnson the best available. Don't think its about pedigree at higher level or long term vision right now. Just whoever it is come until the end of the season and keep us in this division and we'll go from there.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:44:04 »

John Gorman (again).

Good luck Danny, thought he was a top bloke, very dedicated! Shame.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
iffy

« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:45:03 »

Richard Keys and Andy Gray
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:45:33 »

Timing of the decision seems bizarre. Reading the statement it seems to be a mutual consent thing and not a straight resignation. The Southampton result cant be the one that made the board decide this, given not many teams get much from there place. Would it be wrong then to assume since the media policy change on the 22nd Feb that the club has been eyeing this move up, and changed its policy to prevent any leaks from Adver etc?

It may be that Walsall's win last night, has convinced the Board that we're totally fucked, and the knees have jerked.

The new man has to be ready and on the scene....Fatbury might be a happy bunny tomorrow.
iffy

« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:46:12 »

Weasel - Unfortunately, I don't disagree with you at all.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:47:47 »

Weasel - Unfortunately, I don't disagree with you at all.

I wish I could disagree with me. I'd like Dennis Wise.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:48:12 »

As long as it's not Martin Allen!

But whoever it is hopefully it'll wake the players up, someone with new ideas and all that.
scott

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:48:53 »

Richard Keys and Andy Gray
hope we dont get any female officials then

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:49:05 »

few weeks to late, but at least there is still time for someone to turn it around.
mad dog gets my vote.
he's something different and although opposing fans hate him,if he turned us round he'd soon be the cult hero has been at other clubs.
worth a short term gamble i reckon.
don't think he'll get the job anyway.johnson seems the obvious run of the mill replacement.
i think it will be him.
fitton might do a ron noades though and run the team himself. Wink
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:51:42 by arriba » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:50:57 »

As long as it's not Martin Allen!

People went with the whole "as long as it's not..." last round round. Nobody mentioned Danny Wilson and then when he was appointed and people were like "well, that's underwhelming".

As long as they want to manage Swindon Town F.C. and don't have an alarming amount of links to Oxford then I suppose I'm happy Smiley
adje

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:51:13 »

It may be that Walsall's win last night, has convinced the Board that we're totally fucked, and the knees have jerked.

The new man has to be ready and on the scene....Fatbury might be a happy bunny tomorrow.

Nooooo.Not Pook!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:51:59 »

Would it be wrong then to assume since the media policy change on the 22nd Feb that the club has been eyeing this move up, and changed its policy to prevent any leaks from Adver etc?

Most likely that the change of policy comes from the new material - official Twitter and player interviews etc that the club are doing. So it is about restricting access but less about secrets more about driving traffic to official sources and the revenue stream. Clubs don't need local papers anymore but local papers need clubs more than ever.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 20:53:31 »

They cant have reacted to games when we didnt play, that wouldnt be in keeping with the board in my eyes.

I'm convinced they have been looking at options since prior to the Soton game the more i think about it.

Johnson just seems like Wilson again to me. Waiting to now to get rid of wilson seems odd, unless someone useful was interested in the job.

Though were we not going to employ Richard Money after Malpas before Wilson became available? Cause for concern over the boards decision?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: