Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hello from an outsider!  (Read 18770 times)
westyorksnffc

Ignore
« on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 11:04:52 »

Hi chaps and chapesses, been looking at this board for a while now but finally thought I'd register.  I'm actually a die hard Nottingham Forest fan, but I've had a soft spot for Swindon Town now for some years, I've got 'distant' family in Swindon and a couple of very good friends, one of which is the PA announcer at The County Ground, and having lived in Swindon back in 94/95 have sort of followed Swindon Town from a distance, you could say they're my second club.

I'd be interested to know what you guys think of Danny Wilson bearing in mind your current predicament, and the fact he used to be Brizzle City's boss?  He was a name being banded around when Gary Megson finally saw sense and walked up here at Forest, but I wasn't overly sure, seems like a lower league clogger to me, but after the heartache of the play-offs last year, how long do you think the hierarchy will give before finally 'letting him go'?

How's Prutts doing for you guys too?

Forest 'til I die, but a closet Town follower!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 11:26:28 »

The PA announcer is a yokel cunt, and Prutton may as well be a peado for the amount he is liked on here.
westyorksnffc

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 11:37:49 »

The PA announcer is a yokel cunt, and Prutton may as well be a peado for the amount he is liked on here.

I'll tell him you said that!  Grin

Prutts not liked then, shame really, when he first came through at Forest in 99/00 he had so much potential, bad disciplinary record though, so when he went to Southampton for £2.5m in 2003 I thought we'd got a decent price for him.  His career seemed to take a nose dive when he got banned for knocking over that ref at Southampton, came back on loan in 2007 but duly got himself sent-off in the play-offs.  Decent enough bloke though, had him at my table during a players dinner when he came back to Forest on loan, needs a bloody haircut though!

woolster

« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 11:43:12 »

I'll tell him you said that!  Grin

Prutts not liked then, shame really, when he first came through at Forest in 99/00 he had so much potential, bad disciplinary record though, so when he went to Southampton for £2.5m in 2003 I thought we'd got a decent price for him.  His career seemed to take a nose dive when he got banned for knocking over that ref at Southampton, came back on loan in 2007 but duly got himself sent-off in the play-offs.  Decent enough bloke though, had him at my table during a players dinner when he came back to Forest on loan, needs a bloody haircut though!
fecking hell, was he ever that good Hmmm
westyorksnffc

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 11:46:49 »

fecking hell, was he ever that good Hmmm

Well put it this way, he came through the same youth set-up as the likes of Michael Dawson, Andy Reid and a few others that won the FA Academy League in 1999, like I said he had potential, but his discipline on the pitch let him down, David Pratt gave him his first team debut, but Paul Hart who'd coached him at Academy level had obviously decided he'd taken him as far as he could.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 13:08:00 »

I think Prutts is a half decent player. The problem is that despite this he has added virtually nothing to our team. I'm not sure if its the way we play, the players around him, the general "state" we are in or Prutton himself. It just doesn't work with him in the team. Mind you it doesn't work with out him in the team either, its all broken.

Don't think you'll find many people sympathetic to Wilson's plight. We are heavily in the relegation mire. Not many a manager is going to be too popular in those circumstances.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 13:48:01 »

The guys on the pa are absolutely useless, play crap music and are one of the reasons there is no atmosphere in the CG.  Please tell your mate to seek pastures new!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 13:50:44 »

The guys on the pa are absolutely useless, play crap music and are one of the reasons there is no atmosphere in the CG.  Please tell your mate to seek pastures new!

Is there a PA? You can never hear a peep from the top of the DRS.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
westyorksnffc

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 13:56:43 »

If it's any consolation he is an extremely passionate Swindon fan.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 14:15:15 »

Most Swindon fans I meet are fucking idiots. It's no consolation.
jonbd

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 14:18:57 »

The mind numbing, life draining music they play at the same time in the same order every game makes me want to rip my ears off! I don't want to hear any of UB40's own "hits" let alone hear them murdering a classic EVERY BLOODY WEEK! Maybe Fitton can put his hand in his pocket and buy some new CDs.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 14:22:06 »

If it's any consolation he is an extremely passionate Swindon fan.
As you can probably tell, we're all a bit grumpy on here atm. 3 points out of the last 33 available does not make for a happy fanbase. Which may mean it's not a great time to pop up with "Hi all, how's it going" type questions
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 14:23:09 »

Am I right in thinking the PA bloke is Shaun Skinner ?

And yes he is a yokel.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 14:29:40 »

Yep Shaun Skinner is the that makes all the stands shout come on you reds.

the reason we can't hear the commentary in the DRS isn't because of him either the shitty tannoy system hasn't worked properly their for yonks something else the club need to fix as you can never hear the team being called out unless you read the score board.
crouchy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 15:18:53 »

Yep Shaun Skinner is the that makes all the stands shout come on you reds.

the reason we can't hear the commentary in the DRS isn't because of him either the shitty tannoy system hasn't worked properly their for yonks something else the club need to fix as you can never hear the team being called out unless you read the score board.

It must be a right hardship to read a fucking score board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: