Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Southampton Vs Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 36731 times)
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:20:29 »

Has DW spoke to the media yet?

Where are you guys?

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Lumps

« Reply #271 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:22:37 »

I'm very unhappy with our current run, but if Wilson leaves who will want to take on the mantel?  We'll end up with another Malpas, definitely get relegated, and be in a far worse position this time next year.

Is that Hilary you're referring to? I wouldn't want to take her on. There's something about the eyes that weirds me out a bit. Good books though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:23:12 »

Yes he has. Didn't say a lot. We are watching the rugby.Except the ones who aren't.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:24:51 »

Bring Johnson until the end of the season give him a chance to keep us up

because he did such a great job at Peterborough didn't he.

Whether Wilson is or isn't the right man for the job is questionable, but don't for one minute think there is a manager out there (in our price range) that comes with a guarantee
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:28:38 »

Whether Wilson is or isn't the right man for the job is questionable, but don't for one minute think there is a manager out there (in our price range) that comes with a guarantee

What about Andy King?

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:29:39 »

I want Gary Johnson now, the only decent realistic person to take over.  If we can't have GJ then I would rather stick with Wilson as we won't get a better caliber of manager in Lge 2 and will end up with Trollope.  At least Wilson will have something to prove.

GJ didn't do well at boro because of the relationship that he had with the chairman, and he was always going to be on a hiding to nothing after what Ferguson achieved there.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:31:16 »

He left them in 7th in league one, id take that for us!

I'd do the job on the cheap and I'd keep us up.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:35:09 »

And alienate the fans, media and players in the process

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
rogerhubbard

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:36:13 »

Only news I want to hear is that the board have reluctantly agreed to terminate DW's contract, and that Paul Bodin has agreed to take over while negotiations are completed to get Luc to leave Qatar........but I have had quite a bit of beer and brandy this afternoon!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:39:38 »

Why the hell anyone wants either a man with no experience or a man with no clue about the english game since the early nineties is beyond me.

stfcinbmth

« Reply #280 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:40:10 »

Just got back. Thanks to leefer and Boo for the good company. We had a good spell 10-15 mins into the second half where we scored and I honestly thought, keep going like this and we can win it. Alas it wasn't to be, they got the their second then third, our heads dropped and that was it, game over

The beer was really cheap in Wetherspoon's, I was shocked. Good day out, crap result

Oh forgot to add, Ritchie scored our goal, was one of our better players, why oh why take him off Danny?
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:47:27 by stfcinbmth » Logged
rogerhubbard

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:45:12 »

Why the hell anyone wants either a man with no experience or a man with no clue about the english game since the early nineties is beyond me.
Wilson's got LOTS of experience - let's stick with him!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:48:48 »

Wilson's got LOTS of experience - let's stick with him!

I agree if we are going down!  If the board decides we actually do have a chance of staying up then Bodin or Niholt is a step backwards.

rogerhubbard

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:51:18 »

TBH I don't give a toss who's in charge aslong as he keeps us up!!!!!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #284 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 18:58:28 »

TBH I don't give a toss who's in charge aslong as he keeps us up!!!!!

I find it impossible to disagree with this remark.

Although I would rather see a bit more of Megan Fox, she's a lot prettier than Danny.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: