Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Southampton Vs Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 36835 times)
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:05:37 »

was it the same Saints-side that drew Hartlepool 0-0 last week?

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:06:50 »

Lastly, Milan Misun. Why?

Where is he? Haven't seen him in any training pictures and he's still not on the squad list on the OS. Nor he has got a squad number.

Has he gone to Milan?

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:07:10 »

I hope you don't expect history to repeats itself with DW. Can you see him leading Swindon Town into Champions League in 25 years time?

Of course....  If you look at successful clubs down the leagues, those without massive financial backing have achieve relative success through managerial stability.

As a group of supporters, we don't seem happy unless we're campaigning for a new manager.  The current run is unacceptable, but I don't think giving Wilson the boot would help our current predicament, especially not at the current time.  Fortunately, Fitton isn't an idiot, and I can't see any changes being made until the summer.

As has been said, today's result changes fuck all.  We're not in the bottom four, we've got some winnable games left, it's by no means curtains.  There's fifteen games, and 45 points up for grabs.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:09:10 »

We havent won in 11 games, there are no winnable games.

managerial stability is good with a good manager, not with a shit one.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:09:45 »

Where is he? Haven't seen him in any training pictures and he's still not on the squad list on the OS. Nor he has got a squad number.

Injured. Seems we wanted to save the effort of players getting themselves injured and went for a ready crocked one instead.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:10:26 »

Of course....  If you look at successful clubs down the leagues, those without massive financial backing have achieve relative success through managerial stability.

As a group of supporters, we don't seem happy unless we're campaigning for a new manager.  The current run is unacceptable, but I don't think giving Wilson the boot would help our current predicament, especially not at the current time.  Fortunately, Fitton isn't an idiot, and I can't see any changes being made until the summer.

As has been said, today's result changes fuck all.  We're not in the bottom four, we've got some winnable games left, it's by no means curtains.  There's fifteen games, and 45 points up for grabs.

You're fucking deluded.

There are some men in white coats here looking for you.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:11:24 »

We havent won in 11 games, there are no winnable games.

managerial stability is good with a good manager, not with a shit one.

You can't seriously be referring to Wilson as shit.  His success at Barnsley and getting us to the playoffs last season (sorry to mention it) demonstrates this.

I concede something is obviously very wrong, but the blame for me doesn't lie at wholly Wilson's door.

I'm very unhappy with our current run, but if Wilson leaves who will want to take on the mantel?  We'll end up with another Malpas, definitely get relegated, and be in a far worse position this time next year.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:11:33 »

Injured. Seems we wanted to save the effort of players getting themselves injured and went for a ready crocked one instead.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with it but we've had shit loads of injuries this season, the season directly after we get a new physio to replace good old dick!

nestorlorenzo

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:11:53 »

This is stupid. Something has got to give ? I can't remember a time where we lost so many games.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:13:49 »

Of course....  If you look at successful clubs down the leagues, those without massive financial backing have achieve relative success through managerial stability.

Agreed. A relegation will lead to instability though. Wilson will not survive that.

As has been said, today's result changes fuck all.  We're not in the bottom four, we've got some winnable games left, it's by no means curtains.  There's fifteen games, and 45 points up for grabs.

Whilst technically true what has changed for me is the transfer window. I don't know who is responsible but we didn't get what we needed after losing Austin.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:17:56 »

Just got back from the game (live in soton and left at 3-1)

First half we played wank and couldnt string 2 passes together.

Second half we came out well and deserved equalier.

Then conceded two sloppy goals and that was that.

Dont know who are defensive coach is but they need sacking.

Frampton is a bag of shit too.

Ritchie impressed me again.

Worrying thing is that their is no togetherness in the team and when a player was on the ball, no players busted a gut to support the other player.

Still think we are going down unless we replace Wilson, but hey ho, it appears hes here till the end of season
nestorlorenzo

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:18:56 »

Your right its not just Wilson's fault. The player's have to shoulder a majority of the blame too.I would be hard pushed to think of a worthy winner for player of the season at the moment because they are average at best and no one is consistantly performing well.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #252 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:19:32 »

Piss kidney
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:20:49 »

This is stupid. Something has got to give ? I can't remember a time where we lost so many games.

I think it's conceivable we wont win again this season....this is the least competitive squad at this level since its formation in 1958....today was slightly better than expected, insofar as many sound judges were expecting 6 or 7.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 17:21:06 »

So who can think of a way out then?

My contribution - allow a group of 5 or so fans into the dressing room to do the half time team talks.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: