Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mike Grella has Signed!  (Read 9705 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 13:43:32 »

1 in 4 my aim isn't what it used to be.

I dont want to talk about the other 3.

slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 13:45:29 »

Doesn't look bad.  We'll see Saturday....

Dazzza

« Reply #47 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 13:47:32 »

Just in from a good friend and Leeds season ticket holder..

What formation do you play? If you play with someone in 'the hole' behind the strikers he will be good for you. He had pretty much the best first touch at leeds very skillful but not an out and out striker. He's a bit unlucky to have fallen out of the picture with us.

Sounds like a good foil for Benyon.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 13:53:35 »

Just in from a good friend and Leeds season ticket holder..

Sounds like a good foil for Benyon.

Without wishing to be hypercritical, I was rather hoping for a gorilla up front to give us some sadly lacking physical presence...I don't much like the sound of "not an out and out striker"

If it means he's not a scorer but a maker of goals, then I suppose it might work out for Obika or Benyon, if fit.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 13:54:06 »

Fuck it, i'll have him in behind Benyon and Obika...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 14:03:24 »

This was posted by a Leeds fan on another Website

Another Leeds fan here, although living in Swindon I do follow your results closely. He's a very intelligent player who personally I feel has never really been given much of a chance with us. Last season Beckford and Becchio were ahead of him, and now we have Somma and McCormack too (and Paynter who has been shocking). He has a great footballing brain, has a knack of getting into good positions and spotting good runs. It's because of this Carlisle played him in a more midfield role (which he doesn't like), hence why he only scored 3 goals in 10 games. With an extended run up front, I feel he'd probably be able to score a fair few. Up top with Benyon or Obika he could do very well. And if he does do well, there's even a chance you guys could get him permanently, considering we normally play 1 up top, sometimes 2, and he's 5th choice. Carlisle fans loved him when he was on-loan there earlier in the season
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 14:09:57 »

Doesn't look bad.  We'll see Saturday....

So 5 goals all season - 1 league, 4 cup (2 of which anybody on here could of scored)

Exciting stuff (sarcasm) Let's hold back on how good he is until we see him play Saturday.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 14:10:14 »

Went for Paynter and ended up with his understudy! Bye Bye
stfcinbmth

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 14:36:27 »

Time will tell I guess(we don't have a lot left)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 15:05:43 »

So 5 goals all season - 1 league, 4 cup (2 of which anybody on here could of scored)

Exciting stuff (sarcasm) Let's hold back on how good he is until we see him play Saturday.

You're right lets wait and see. Strikes me some people wouldn't be happy even if we signed Rooney. I mean he's scored about 5 all season and 2 of them were penalties blah blah blah.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 15:09:25 »

Must be better than Dossevi surely.  Looks like he could be fit for Saturday, as he trained this morning in the open session at the Country Ground.  Struggled to score even in training, which just about sums it up.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 15:12:53 »

Good signing imo.

So, who went to the training session today then?

Did anybody heckle?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 15:17:07 »

Popped over there lunchtime, didn't go into the ground and there was a fucking long queue just for autographs!
Bought the away shirt for £19 from the shop.

Loving your avatar Tans, it's very gay and hypnotic, i'm nursing a semi just watching it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 15:24:21 »

glad to be of service
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 15:36:31 »

Good signing imo.

So, who went to the training session today then?

Did anybody heckle?

The whole team were training on the pitch.  We got there after it had started, so don't know what the reception was like when they all came out.  Wilson did an interview quite near the end, although you couldn't hear a word he was saying as the microphone was crap.  Shaun Hodgetts then asked us to show our appreciation for him and I have to say there wasn't a great deal of applause and there was a bit of heckling from a group behind me.

He didn't hang around to sign any autographs at the end either and a few people commented maybe he was worried about being asked awkward questions. Douglas was totally put on the spot by one bloke asking him why it had gone so wrong this season and whether he thought a new manager would change things?  He didn't say no.....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: