Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mike Grella has Signed!  (Read 9680 times)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 12:46:23 »

- Tony Robbins

In life you need either chocolate chip or rum and raisin.

-Baskin Robbins
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 12:46:32 »

some people on this thread are saying this is a good signing, can I just ask what are they actually basing their opinion on, have people seen him play, do we know what his strengths and weaknesss' are, what can he bring to the team, signing smacks of desperasion (sp) to me.

Signing Grella a player who was on the fringes of Leeds promotion winning season last year coming off the bench several times, he has also scored goals for Carlisle in our league this season and had a good goal scoring record in the American League really smacks of desperation to me, cannot believe we are stooping to these depths for signings, please bring back Pericard and Dossevi to replace this joker Grella!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 12:48:48 »

I don't know if he's any good, but another option up front can't hurt...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 12:51:32 »

I think the desperation thing is fair enough, what with us being fucking desperate and all.

I thought Obika was the last throw of the dice....but this really is, no idea about Grella, but it sounds a bit like gorilla, so might be what we need up front.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 12:55:53 »

some people on this thread are saying this is a good signing, can I just ask what are they actually basing their opinion on, have people seen him play, do we know what his strengths and weaknesss' are, what can he bring to the team, signing smacks of desperasion (sp) to me.

I am really sorry and people will jump on me for yet another pop about a newbie but that comment reeks of thisis
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 12:58:12 »

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he play for Leeds v Man U in the Cup last year and did very well?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 13:02:12 »

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he play for Leeds v Man U in the Cup last year and did very well?

Think your thinking of Becchio as Grella was an unused sub in that game.  The line ups are on here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/8433901.stm

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 13:03:26 »

Why do you think it's desperation and he isn't a good signing? Have you seen him play?
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 13:07:13 »

Good. Worth a punt. Beggars (for points) can't be choosers.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 13:08:28 »

Don't know. Can you do emergency loans between two different FAs?

Pretty certain the "emergency loan" thing is a fudge by the Football League, not really recognized let alone approved by UEFA and FIFA.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 13:19:53 »

Why do you think it's desperation and he isn't a good signing? Have you seen him play?

Supporters on forums suggest he played really well for Carlisle, but didn't score many as was playing a wing role, rather than central striker, and so was getting lots of assists.

From what I've read, Carlisle wanted to sign him for the rest of the season but Ken Bate's turned it down. Maybe this was in part related to Motherwell being interested, whihc fell apart as you can't play for 3 clubs in one season under FIFA regs (cross border) so he could only then sign for another English club... which has benefitted us!! Cheesy

If Carlisle like him so much, we should give him a chance...

COYR!!  Beers

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 13:22:25 »

Supporters on forums suggest he played really well for Carlisle, but didn't score many as was playing a wing role, rather than central striker, and so was getting lots of assists.

From what I've read, Carlisle wanted to sign him for the rest of the season but Ken Bate's turned it down. Maybe this was in part related to Motherwell being interested, whihc fell apart as you can't play for 3 clubs in one season under FIFA regs (cross border) so he could only then sign for another English club... which has benefitted us!! Cheesy

If Carlisle like him so much, we should give him a chance...

COYR!!  Beers

didn't they rate pericard too?
oops
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 13:30:51 »

Can only remember seeing him play once, on the telly, and he looked v tidy on the deck. It's another option - and competition. Anybody who was at the game on Saturday can appreciate that we need numbers in up top.

Dazzza

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 13:39:44 »

He played for Long Island Rough Riders, which is possibly the best name of a football team ever.

I'm a member of the local Swingers club by the same name.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 13:41:16 »

I'm a member of the local Swingers club by the same name.

What's your strike rate like? I suppose every hole is a goal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: