Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Champions League Final Ticket Prices  (Read 4638 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 17, 2011, 22:02:12 »

Are the prices really that bad, or out of sync with others?

£300 for the Champions League Final vs £80 for the League One Playoff Final.

Doesn't seem that bad in comparison.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 17, 2011, 22:05:52 »

Exactly that. Ideally the tickets should be cheaper in general but in context £150.00 for the biggest game in club football (and arguably in the world) isn't that much imo.

Can I just say though that only 50,000 tickets will be given to the fans of the two finalists. I think that is nothing short of a disgrace. I mean 25,000 tikets for sponsors in which the majority of them have no interest whatsover in football.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 17, 2011, 22:09:25 by mrverve » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 17, 2011, 22:23:59 »

How much for a hot dog and a pint?
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 17, 2011, 22:54:41 »

does Wembley hold 75,000? I thought it was 90k
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, February 17, 2011, 23:38:49 »

does Wembley hold 75,000? I thought it was 90k

11,000 go on general sale. The total tickets given is 86,000 because of safety I think.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 00:05:54 »

All that that comparison demonstrates is that football rips off it's customers at all levels. 80 quid was exorbitant for the League One play-off final, 2-300 quid is exorbitant for the CL final. If you want to go as a family, even assuming you can get two sets of the "discounted" 1 adult+child tickets, it's over 750 quid, just for the tickets. Add everything else in and I'll bet you won't see much change out of a grand. What hope does an ordinary working fan have of affording that for one game in the middle of a recession?
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 10:10:06 »

The ticket prices are already causing considerable comment and outrage.

The prices represent an increase of about 15 per cent in each category on those for last year’s Champions League final in Rome and mean that the cost of attending Europe’s showpiece club fixture has almost doubled since 2009.

The Football Supporters Federation condemned the prices and the hefty administration fee, saying Uefa “should be ashamed of itself” for setting prices so high.

These prices are absolutely outrageous and take ticket pricing to an absurdly stratospheric new level,” said Malcolm Clarke, the FSF chairman.

“In a difficult economic climate, not only in this country but across Europe, where supporters may be coming from, this represents disgraceful exploitation of fans.

“The £26 administration fee represents the cherry on a particularly disgusting cake. There is absolutely no way of justifying such a high fee and Uefa should be ashamed of themselves.

“It is totally unacceptable whatever country the supporters are from. It will be particularly harsh on fans coming from abroad who have to add travel costs.”

The price rises come despite Uefa president Michel Paltini justifying the final being moved to Saturday to allow more children to attend the game with their parents.

Children’s tickets are available only in the £225 category two, meaning an adult-and-child package will cost £338. Uefa claimed this included a 50 per cent reduction for the child.

Uefa’s director of competitions, Giorgio Marchetti, defended the prices, claiming they were in line with comparable events such as the World Cup final or European Championship final. He denied that prices had been hiked to exploit the London market with its large corporate presence.

Speaking at the ticket launch at London’s City Hall: “The prices are based on the type of event and when you compare it to other events we don’t think that the Champions League final is overpriced.

“We do not want to squeeze every single penny out of the market. We have to benchmark this event against other comparable events like, for example, the final of the Euros and the World Cup.

“Last year there was already a significant increase compared to the previous editions but it’s nothing to do with being in London and it still priced below comparable events.”

The cost of Champions League final tickets has increased hugely since Rome 2009 – the cheapest category C tickets have almost doubled since then, when they cost £69.

A category B ticket in 2009 cost £120 and a category A ticket £171.

Marchetti said the £26 administration fee per two-ticket booking – or £36 outside of Europe – was justified because there were “costs involved”, but did not explain why it was up to 10 times higher than the average ticket administration fee charged by agents in the UK.

“This is the market price. Do you think we would have trouble filling Wembley if the prices were higher? You think it would be different? We try to strike a balance between the interest of the supporters and the interest of the event. Why should we price the tickets lower than what we think is a fair level?”

Asked about the administration fee for the women’s Champions League final, at Fulham’s Craven Cottage on May 26 – where tickets cost just £5 – Marchetti replied: “That is a nasty question. I hope you don’t think the men’s final and women’s final have the same target of people.

“We are not making a profit, we have different targets and objectives for the women’s final.”

Uefa expects income from the Champions League final to top £14 million, £3 million more than last year’s final between Inter Milan and Bayern Munich in Madrid.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 10:54:23 »

"This is the market price. Do you think we would have trouble filling Wembley if the prices were higher?"

As soon as the people running the game start talking like that you know you're fighting a losing battle. It's not about entertainment. It's not about fans. It's not about football.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 10:56:42 »

The reason they sell tickets at extorniate prices is because they can. As unfair as it is, they will still sell at least 80% of the capacity.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 10:58:17 »

God he sounds just like what he is - a whiny self-serving conman. Hate to think what the UEFA/FIFA spokesmen who aren't media-trained sound like
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 11:05:42 »

I was going to try to get a few.. not at that price Sad

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 14:41:30 »

What hope does an ordinary working fan have of affording that for one game in the middle of a recession?

You can apply the same logic to many things in life. If you can't afford it don't buy it, no one is being forced in to it and no one has the divine right to be able to afford something like this which is a luxury rather than a necessity.

Football sold out many years ago and I don't see how bitching about it now is going to make a difference.
DMR

« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 14:47:55 »

It's a one off, what do people expect?

If I could get a ticket, I'd go.

Once in a lifetime and all that
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 15:18:39 »

What's the general feeling on Olympic ticket prices then ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 15:28:53 »

It's a one off, what do people expect?

If I could get a ticket, I'd go.

Once in a lifetime and all that
Apart from it happens every year but yeah i get what you mean.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: