Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another one bites the dust  (Read 20044 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 08:23:06 »

Bring back King!

I miss his post match interviews.

'well shaun, the magic roundabout of life does swing' was one of my favourites after we'd been beaten again
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 08:31:28 »

Malpas had some corkers too. They mainly consisted of ''We have to get this monkey off our back'' and ''One swallow doesn't make a summer'' and to top it all off, when he was asked ''Whats gone wrong?'' he replied confidently '' I don't know''.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 16:37:40 »

Wiki has Money winning 43% of this games while Trollope has 37%, Hart 30%.

Don't believe Money is any better than Wilson but got to be better than Trollope or Hart surely?

I totally disagree.....if Money had got in before Wilson we would be second from bottom right now!

Clems Army!
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 17:32:16 »

Ince bombed!
woolster

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 17:34:06 »

Ince bombed!
before anyone says it NO No
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 17:38:26 »

(Ince) Five appointments in five years.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 17:40:51 by Costanza » Logged
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 17:40:20 »

I can't remember a season like this before, with so many managerial changes very late
in the season.

Interesting to see how Brentford have climbed in L1 since they got rid of Andy Scott,
who not long ago was very well thought of.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 17:41:42 »

I swear that football club bigwigs actually believe that the "honeymoon" period is a guarentee Smiley
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 17:47:38 »

Ince will instantly pick up a whole load of backers for our job off the Adver site I suspect...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 17:49:57 »

Ince will instantly pick up a whole load of backers for our job off the Adver site I suspect...

I think a lot of people would be excited if Ince was appointed.

He's got a decent track record at Division 4 level too.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #55 on: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 18:17:22 »

I think a lot of people would be excited if Ince was appointed.

He's got a decent track record at Division 4 level too.
Just as good as Paul Trollops  Wink
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 18:18:24 »

Just as good as Paul Trollops  Wink

Absolutely.

His achievement at Macclesfield means that Ince edges it Smiley
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 18:18:56 »

Then he would fuck off after a year...wasnt wrong of the reasons he left Swindon was due to do with the travelling? To be fair though he did not chase us for the money he was owed I think

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 18:38:30 »

wasnt wrong of the reasons he left Swindon was due to do with the travelling?

What I believe happened (not fact) is that the Power/Devlin camp offered him a contact which was signed by resident Tim dim but dim director James Wills. The other camp (Diamandis and co) went mental at the cost. I think this is what lead to the split becoming public and why the then STFC secretary was laid off. I certainly remember the other camp suggesting they felt they had to honour the Ince contact that had been signed...

I think the travelling thing was a smoke screen while it was all sorted out.  I think Ince would have fancied a bit of managerial experience when Wise left. Since that wasn't forthcoming he left amicably.

I don't know if this is far from the truth or not. This is my take.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 18:40:13 by Batch » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 18:46:08 »

What I believe happened (not fact) is that the Power/Devlin camp offered him a contact which was signed by resident Tim dim but dim director James Wills. The other camp (Diamandis and co) went mental at the cost. I think this is what lead to the split becoming public and why the then STFC secretary was laid off. I certainly remember the other camp suggesting they felt they had to honour the Ince contact that had been signed...

I think the travelling thing was a smoke screen while it was all sorted out.  I think Ince would have fancied a bit of managerial experience when Wise left. Since that wasn't forthcoming he left amicably.

I don't know if this is far from the truth or not. This is my take.
Pretty much on the nail as I recall, except that Diamandis et al were initially all in favour of it when they thought Bill was underwriting it on his todd, but then once they forced him out realised they'd then have to stump up themselves. Not something they had a good track record at. So it then became a stick to beat Bill/Mark D with. It wasn't the cause of the split, but became a political tool after it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: