Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bournemouth Official Matchday Thread  (Read 55541 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 22:19:20 »

Officially in the relegation zone now, and the massive MASSIVE concern is the 3 teams below us, and the 4 sides above us, ALL have at least 1 game in hand.

The other concern is that for some reason we seem to have played more home games than anyone else.  We've still got to go to places like Huddersfield, Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton (or could that be a guaranteed 3 points?!) and more.

Stating the obvious, but Saturday is a must win game to push on that team spirit that seems to have resurfaced and instill a bit of confidence as well.
König

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 22:19:49 »

unless of course youre into men, but the same thing applies for civil partnerships
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 22:21:24 »

Text from a mate who went: "If we play like that we'll beat most teams in this league, general performance improving. No luck, extremely poor ref. On another day we'd have won. Their first was a massive fluke, shot cleared off the line at the end, Dosser hit post and missed 2 sitters. If Benyon was playing we might have won. Unbelievable how quick the fans turn on the team even when there's no lack of effort."

The majority of people would rather not believe people who've actually seen the match, just text and write like the fucktards they are.

Im glad to hear we continued the improvement and look forward to turning the corner in the next game.

Never knowingly overstated.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 22:27:14 »

The other concern is that for some reason we seem to have played more home games than anyone else.  We've still got to go to places like Huddersfield, Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton (or could that be a guaranteed 3 points?!) and more.

Stating the obvious, but Saturday is a must win game to push on that team spirit that seems to have resurfaced and instill a bit of confidence as well.

If you look at the table it's so tight in the bottom half. Two wins on the spin and your in midtable.

Even though the teams in and around us have got games in hand it doesn't mean they're easy games, they could be games with sides in and around them or against superior opposition. If you look at our home games, all of them should be winnable and even our away games, which are against the better teams who we normally do well against.

Plenty to play for, Benyon signed, hopefully a few more quality players on loan, Misun ( who by all accounts is quality) will be involved with time and most importantly team moral has improved.

Lets keep the faith fellas.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 22:31:00 »

More match reaction. This time for a Bournemouth fan on another forum: "CBA to summarise too much but Swindon were probably the best side to come to DC this season and will be fine. They looked very dangerous when attacking us and that is without their new striker Benyon who will probably find the net for them. They murdered us down the wings and could easily have won."

"Without trying to sound patronising, it can be shit at the bottom and luck doesn't go your way, but if you play like you did today you'll win more than you lose.

Most teams come to DC and get steamrolled or just play negative football (Brighton) but you really went for it, and I said from the start to my mate I'd have taken a point all day long, absolutely ecstatic with an undeserved three."

Well there you go. We're officially doomed.

JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 22:36:33 »

More match reaction. This time for a Bournemouth fan on another forum: "CBA to summarise too much but Swindon were probably the best side to come to DC this season and will be fine. They looked very dangerous when attacking us and that is without their new striker Benyon who will probably find the net for them. They murdered us down the wings and could easily have won."

"Without trying to sound patronising, it can be shit at the bottom and luck doesn't go your way, but if you play like you did today you'll win more than you lose.

Most teams come to DC and get steamrolled or just play negative football (Brighton) but you really went for it, and I said from the start to my mate I'd have taken a point all day long, absolutely ecstatic with an undeserved three."

Well there you go. We're officially doomed.

Pessimistic cunt Cheesy

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #501 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 22:40:00 »

It looks like Bourneouth couldn't name 7 subs. Despite selling players and changing managers they seem to keep rolling on. Lack of stability doesn't seem to worry them.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 22:42:50 »

It looks like Bourneouth couldn't name 7 subs. Despite selling players and changing managers they seem to keep rolling on. Lack of stability doesn't seem to worry them.

They promoted a manager from within though in the form of Bradbury so in some ways that is stability.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 22:44:36 »

Disappointing result tonight, but on the commentary it sounded like we didn't get any of the luck. Deflected goals, clearances off the line, ref being a tosser.

Benyon being added to the side will give everyone a lift on Saturday and a good result could see us go on a roll. I know IRS been said before but by all accounts we actually played well tonight against a side who are flying.

We'll be fine. I think.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #504 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 22:44:43 »

They promoted a manager from within though in the form of Bradbury so in some ways that is stability.
Problem solved we promote Shirtliff - doh!!!!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 22:56:37 »

I'm glad I heard it. My imaginary friend Bernie heard it too.

Yep, I heard it!

Grella
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 22:59:18 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 23:01:52 »

Yep, I heard it!

Grella

Cheesy

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #507 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 23:14:06 »

Was a tough game today, just felt the luck didn't go our way. Dossevi for All his effort really struggled with his one on one after a few minutes, caddis finish was very good. You get the feeling the team are playing a bit for each other, just need the rub of the green and someone to put a few in the net

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
deltaincline

« Reply #508 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 23:22:17 »

I have no doubt we'll pull clear of the fucking dross languishing near the bottom of this division within a month or so. We have the players to more than reach a comfortable position.

Granted, we have a few away games coming up, but the players seem to be playing more as a unit in the post-Austin era and the new faces Wilson is bringing in will freshen things up.

Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 23:44:38 »

Been back about 15 minuites, apart from a few kicking outs from the stewards wasn't a bad trip.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: