Poll
Question: For those that have supped.  (Voting closed: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 21:48:03)
Leffe Blonde - 1 (11.1%)
Leffe Brun - 0 (0%)
Carling / Wife beater for me please Barman - 4 (44.4%)
I'd rather drink the piss of Reg Smeeton - 4 (44.4%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beer  (Read 5229 times)
magnum150

« on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 21:48:03 »

http://www.silrubin.com/leffe.htm

Leffe Belgian beer. Has a very hoppy taste to them if you have never tried.

For those that have tried, what does everyone think?

I can't get enough of it at the moment.
Spud

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 21:55:48 »

I havent tasted this but give me a nice pint of Wife beater aka Stella Artois.
magnum150

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 22:04:15 »

Who fancys a bit of Reg then? It'd better not be Reg!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 22:04:52 »

I'd rather have a pint of Guinness..
Amir

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 22:07:19 »

Not a big fan myself.  Better than hoegaarden mind.  Used to have a Belgian housemate, so drank a few Belgian beers with him.  Juplier I quite liked, although as someone on here pointed out it's one of the cheaper ones.

As a side note, don't put lime in my bottle of Corona please barkeep, it's to keep flies out.  Also, Magner's comes with a full glass of ice.  Lager top should be banned, have a shandy if that's what you want.  Red stripe's probably my favourite lager.  That is all.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 22:10:50 »

Hoegaarden is nice but it's dead expensive and I doubt I'd be able to drink more than two pints without feeling like I'd swallowed Richard Branson's air balloon.
magnum150

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 22:11:49 »

Who serves Red Stripe round here?
Amir

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 22:14:21 »

Only ever been to a couple of places that had it on tap, can't remember either though.  Thekla used to sell it in tins.  Oh, and they sell it everywhere at carnival :advercool:
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 23:23:23 »

There are plenty of places that serve premium lagers like Red Stripe and San Miguel round here because they know they can charge £3.05 a pint and people accept it.  :evil:
Brighton: Fantastic place, but so fucking expensive.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Amir

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 23:33:34 »

One of my mates moved back from Brighton about a year ago and is missing it now it's summer.  It pissed down both times I've been, once for some music that never happened, and the other time shan't be mentioned.
McLovin

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 30, 2005, 07:55:09 »

Most corner shops in town sell Red Stripe, and Bar Cuba used to do it on tap, but alas no more.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 01:05:36 »

Thankful this one was still open Smiley

It's nuts to see how many off this thread alone no longer post or don't have accounts (or maybe new ones/got locked out).

Anyway cold crisp Japanese Beer for me, usually Asahi coupled with Thai Crackers (proper ones, the Hanami ones aren't bad).

Efes Draft (when in Turkey but also get the bottles here which are as close as having one over there) coupled with a pot of Whitebaits.

Coral Lager, from Madeira. More of a Pilsner with a smoother bubble and a light lunch of an Espada Preta (or the "uglier" English name of Black Scabbard) sandwich.

What are your International Beers (that you don't generally see on tap here) of choice, along with a favourite foreign accompanying snack(s)?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 09:27:00 »

Thankful this one was still open Smiley

It's nuts to see how many off this thread alone no longer post or don't have accounts (or maybe new ones/got locked out).

Anyway cold crisp Japanese Beer for me, usually Asahi coupled with Thai Crackers (proper ones, the Hanami ones aren't bad).

Efes Draft (when in Turkey but also get the bottles here which are as close as having one over there) coupled with a pot of Whitebaits.

Coral Lager, from Madeira. More of a Pilsner with a smoother bubble and a light lunch of an Espada Preta (or the "uglier" English name of Black Scabbard) sandwich.

What are your International Beers (that you don't generally see on tap here) of choice, along with a favourite foreign accompanying snack(s)?

its 'funny' to read Brighton Red having a moan about having to pay over £3 for a pint. (granted it was 16 years ago) I suspect when the pubs do get back to normal at some stage later this year he'll be paying over £6,£6.50 for his beer.

Random one, but on a Monday evening I play Zoom Poker with a couple of old friends from Luxembourg and back in London and I enjoy 2 bottles (330ml) of Warsteiner Pils. Given this is barely over a pint of liquid I need to go for a piss circa 6-8 times during the night, including every 20 minutes or so after going to bed. I don't seem to have this problem when drinking over a bottle of wine during the evening. Is the issue the carbonation perhaps?

Anyway Bamboo to 'answer' your question, I love Asahi, such a crisp tasty beer. I have gone off Efes a little bit, in Turkey I prefer to have Tuborg.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 10:52:59 »

Anyway Bamboo to 'answer' your question, I love Asahi, such a crisp tasty beer. I have gone off Efes a little bit, in Turkey I prefer to have Tuborg.
I always go for Tuborg when I am in Sweden or Denmark as it's a local beer it's a lot cheaper then the imported beers like Bud. However my favourite foreign beer has to be Estrella, that is a really nice clean and tasty pint, they do it on tap in the Glue Pot, it does annoy me a bit that Estrella is never on the 3 for £5/£6 deals in Tesco when i go in there.

Other foreign lagers of note are Staropamen, Budweiser Budvarand Pilsner Urquell, all of which are czech but are a decent beer.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 14:59:39 »

Czech Rep and Germany you can't go too far wrong. I still like dark lagers, but very hard to get over here.  Much easier in central Europe.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: