Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town VS Exeter City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34206 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:16:57 »

On current form I'd say Richie. I know he was out of position today but he's been particularly poor of late. Doesn't feel like £200k well spent.

I thought Ritchie had his best game since Charlton, although he wasn't outstanding today.

Alan (Forrest Gump) O'Brien was outstanding and his first half performance was almost Summerbee-esque. He faded in the second half and couldn't cross the ball like he did in the first half, but still worthy of man of the match.

The defence played well again but our midfield faded towards the end with some sloppy balls from Timlin and Doughie.

As for Dossevi, I think he's taken over from Pericard as my least favourite striker! He was sloppy, lazy and couldn't stay onside. His second half header from O'Brien's cross was an embarrassment.

Hopefully AF will release enough funds to bring in a quality striker or two. If we'd had one today we would have thrashed Exeter.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:17:23 »

Talking of people out, does anyone have a scooby what the Brass Band were in aid of? I figured they'd do something at half time, but no. What the hell?

No idea. Can't stand that kind of thing at a footy match though.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:17:47 »

Technically there is no country of Northern Ireland, it's a province, within the UK.

Lots of Norse settled in Ireland and the north of England, you never know might be related to Wilson.

Sorry Reg, but not sure you are technically correct.

Very complex area but according to government definitions the UK is a country made up of four countries, including NI. "Province" has no legislative meaning.
fatbasher

« Reply #288 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:18:55 »

Belting game. Well for a 0-0 and being at the wrong end of the table and considering also what a stop start season we are having. Agree with everyone that our Leggo international winger O'brien was MOTM. I can see Wilson now developing a youthful look to next seasons squad and was also interested in his comments after the match. He talked a lot of sense this time and I'm convinced he is the right man at the right club with the right BOD to support him. AIMHO.

Yeah I know it's been a frustrating and shitty season so far but he we over achieved last year so this one is probably the sort of season we may well have had last term rather than this if that makes sense.

Regards

Fatbasher
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:19:37 »

Fucking hell that was cold. Not looking forward to ballmouth tuesday if its going to me that cold!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:20:19 »

Turned off when I heard that. Never heard anything so ridiculous. I'm all for a bit of overreaction - its part of being a fan - but get a fucking grip.

Even me, the negative Mr. NorwayRed would never, ever be so stupid or mad of affect to raise a Fitton out-campaign.

Wilson, on the other hand...  Soapy Tit Wank

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:21:34 »

Yeah I know it's been a frustrating and shitty season so far but he we over achieved last year
Rubbish.

We fully deserved to finish in the top 6, we were in with a chance of automatic promotion on the last day by luck.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:21:38 »

Now that would have been the day. What a great talent. Explosive too and can score from any angles. He's very unfinished but this might be his break-through season in Norway.

In a couple of years time I guess he will be playing in Bundesliga og Dutch Eeresdivison - where most of the young norwegian seems to end up. Why not League One as the first step?

The market in Norway is expensive though, but then again. Rosenborg sold Anthony Annan (who plays regular for Ghana) to Schalke 04 yesterday for only £2 million!

Lillestrom's Nigerian International Anthony Ujah looks like he has great potential too.

I'm sure if we started a fundraising drive here on TEF we could raise the required amount to get someone like Torgeir Børven. Like you say, we'd be a great platform for someone of his undoubted talent, and help nurture him onto the next level.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:22:23 »

Fucking hell that was cold. Not looking forward to ballmouth tuesday if its going to me that cold!

So how cold was it. In Norway we've had -20 celsius since mid november... (well not everyday of course, but there has been a few weeks in a row with below 20 minus, down to -30)

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:25:00 »

The texters are retards.

Fitton out?

Fuck off

Fitton out?!  Oh dear.  Some of our fans really are a little hard of understanding.

However, I think it is true to say that the next 48 hours are crucial.  If the players that we desperately need to rebuild the squad do not show up, I think I may start to question whether there truly is the desire at board level to build something here...as opposed to simply maintaining the club at its current level having saved it 3 years ago.  The crowd of approx 8,200 today was outstanding given our league position, current form and that the club we were playing was a relative minnow.  The fans have responded to the board's recent initiatives - so it would be tragic if next year the momentum had completely gone and we were back to 5,500 on a Saturday.  A waste.

Since Wembley, I've not heard as much from the board as I would have liked to.  The stadium plans may be well advanced - but the detail that (I think) was promised at the AGM has not been made public.  On the playing side, we've done it to death.  The 2010/11 season will be the one that never really was because we let key players go and did not adequately replace.  I suppose all I'm saying is that - in the past - I've been an ardent supporter and advocate of this board, and I wish to remain so.  But we really need to see some action, and a show of intent, in the next 2 days.  If we don't, I will start become a little nervous about whether they truly have the appetite to take us forward in the way we would all want.  I want Andrew Fitton to transform us in the same way that John Madejski transformed Reading.  Hope it happens.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:27:13 »

Lillestrom's Nigerian International Anthony Ujah looks like he has great potential too.

I'm sure if we started a fundraising drive here on TEF we could raise the required amount to get someone like Torgeir Børven. Like you say, we'd be a great platform for someone of his undoubted talent, and help nurture him onto the next level.

I agree.

Ujah will probably move to a bigger club in the summer transfer window if he has a good start of the season in Norway.

Lillestrøms manager Henning Berg has a history of getting young african talents. He bought John Obi Mikel for nothing and sold his for loads! Also Edu, now at Hoffenheim in Germany

In january both Petter Vaagan Moen (QPR) and Steffen Iversen (Crystal Palace) have gone to UK on free transfers. Due to the norwegian season, most players out of contracts is available from early november to late january, when the Norwegian Pre-Season starts...

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:28:51 »

As in that Henning Berg?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:29:35 »

Sorry Reg, but not sure you are technically correct.

Very complex area but according to government definitions the UK is a country made up of four countries, including NI. "Province" has no legislative meaning.

Ulster is a province of Ireland.....like Leinster, Munster and Connacht at no time in history has it ever been a country....go ask the UN.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:30:08 »

Hartlepool took a chance on a Norwegian 2nd. division player last season, Jon Andre Fredriksen. Played a few games, then left them. So I guess it's a chance play to sign a player, but at least you can give some people a shot.

A couple of guys I know contacted Swindon in 1993 to ask for a trial. They both went over and trained with the club. Swindon were interested in the keeper on a youth contract, but due to school issues and economic issues the deal never went through.

Also I think norwegian former striker Jarle Wee was in Swindon on a trial in late 90s some time, but didn't impress.

NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 18:31:18 »

As in that Henning Berg?

Yes, as in the former Man Utd and Blackburn-player

Ole Gunnar Solskjær has by the way taken up the manager role for Norwegian team Molde from january 2011.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: