Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gray and Keys do an Atkinson? Yup, they're gone.....  (Read 27009 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 18:40:29 »

Glad that total sexist Andy Gray got sacked. No need for it in this day and age.

I hope Sky show some common sense and replace him with a female presenter, hopefully one with massive tits.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dazzza

« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 18:55:37 »

Fucking hell what a storm in a tea cup.  Can't abide the sex pervert Andy Gray (See News of the Screws ~ 2008 vintage) but he made a wisecrack about a female lines"woman" when he thought he was off air. 

Let’s face it, it was hardly offensive stuff or even mildly funny but to sack him is an overreaction and a half.  Andy Dunn Screws reporter made a quip on Sunday along the lines that the lino would have the best ironed flag.

There is a place for women refs and officials but without turning this into a terrible political correctness gone mad rant I have to just add.  Yes I would.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 19:13:02 »

Fucking hell what a storm in a tea cup.  Can't abide the sex pervert Andy Gray (See News of the Screws ~ 2008 vintage) but he made a wisecrack about a female lines"woman" when he thought he was off air.

Let’s face it, it was hardly offensive stuff or even mildly funny but to sack him is an overreaction and a half.
That's not what he was sacked for. He was sacked for the video stuff with Charlotte Jackson, and, I'd guess, because Sky knew damn well there was loads more of it that if he hadn't been sacked would have just kept coming.

But yes the whole thing is a storm in a teacup - Gray and Keys should have been disembowelled for being twats, rather than disciplined/sacked for some marginally unfunny off-air remarks
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 19:16:06 »

I'm not overly bothered about the comments because they are sexist but you'll never convince someone who thinks otherwise that they are. I'm elated that Gray has left Sky though.

To be honest, if that was their 'banter' it's the most serious banter I've ever heard! They're hardly chuckling away are they!?!

I think they believed what they were saying was true which is possibly why Sky have had to take action.

Sky have had to live by the sword and die by it.

They must have been looking to get rid of Gray as I thought Richard Keys was by far the worst culprit from the orginal and the second bit was the nail in the coffin. Hey-ho. It'll be forgotten within a week and Andy Gray will become a pundit in the Middle East or something.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 19:35:25 by Costanza » Logged
Lumps

« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 19:54:44 »

Let’s face it, it was hardly offensive stuff or even mildly funny but to sack him is an overreaction and a half.  Andy Dunn Screws reporter made a quip on Sunday along the lines that the lino would have the best ironed flag.

There is a place for women refs and officials but without turning this into a terrible political correctness gone mad rant I have to just add.  Yes I would.

They haven't sacked him for the comments, otherwise Keys would have had to go too. It looks like seems as soon as this broke Sky's management that he was a serial sex pest around the female staff, the bit on film with Charlotte Jackson presumably being the tip of the iceberg.

Good fuckign riddance. He is, and has always been a complete dick, and easily the worst aspect of Sky's football coverage. Just a shame the chimp is hanging on in there. A more bland and colourless anchor is pretty difficult to imagine.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 19:59:06 »

Sky have a track record in that respect though. They binned off Rodney Marsh and Frank McLintock in double quick time over what exactly I can't remember now but it wasn't that big a deal I'm sure. With that in mind, Gray and Keys should have known better. Stupid smug twats.

I bet Jamie Redknapp's rubbing his hands right now.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 19:59:52 »

He's litterally delighted Richard

Things get better but they never get good
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 20:00:23 »

Marsh walked for the Newcastle United/Tsunami joke.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 20:04:16 »

Ironically Charlotte Jackson is due to be at the CG this Saturday !!

Is she doing take it like a fan?

Id slam her
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 20:27:47 »

She is indeed top drawer.

Some other bird (sorry that's a bit sexist isn't it?) has been doing it the last couple of weeks. She's ok (I would and all that) but she's no Charlotte Jackson that's for sure.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 20:53:42 »

Glad that total sexist Andy Gray got sacked. No need for it in this day and age.

I hope Sky show some common sense and replace him with a female presenter, hopefully one with massive tits.

Amen to that. Hopefully with the air conditioning turned right down.
Dazzza

« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 21:19:40 »

That's not what he was sacked for. He was sacked for the video stuff with Charlotte Jackson, and, I'd guess, because Sky knew damn well there was loads more of it that if he hadn't been sacked would have just kept coming.

But yes the whole thing is a storm in a teacup - Gray and Keys should have been disembowelled for being twats, rather than disciplined/sacked for some marginally unfunny off-air remarks

I really should have read the whole thread.  I missed the Jackson clip, which does appear to be twattish rather than good natured "banter". 

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:04:24 »

Sort of David Brentesque...

shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:10:43 »

Euuuurgh, who are they talking about? Louise will not be happy  Eek
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:39:33 »

Apparently Andy Gray is amongst the people who have made claims against the News of the World for phone hacking. I'm sure that is totally unrelated, absolutely sure...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: