Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 3 new signing tommorow  (Read 10987 times)
kick_ass1987

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 16:40:07 »

Quote from: "Chris K"
Quote from: "kick_ass1987"
No get Omar Daley from portmore United, he is godly and you can get him for 5k after he has been on loan at preston

Nice- tip noted.  I can get Swindon to the Championship, but am currently bottom of table on second spell in that league, and can't seem to keep them up (!).  Keep leaking stupid, stupid goals.  Mind you, have managed to keep hold of Parkin for three years.  Got rid of Rhys quick, though. Started gobbing off.

Yeah i had the same problem mate.... omar will get you to the championship no probs, and he will score a few in there, but you need someone better.... i just missed out on the play-offs of it once, with omar and heffernan up front.... but then got sacked and went to dony Sad so iv started again

Thing is, this season im struggling because sam parkin got a broken ankle playin vs shrewsbury (thye injured 6 players in that game) and he is out for 4 months
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 16:56:29 »

Yeah, I've currently got the front line of Parkin, Thorpe, Allsopp (who is great) and Ugarte.  To be honest, Ugarte is a useless smegger ... but the other three are decent.  Unfortunately, Thorpe is out for three months which I'm not happy about, and now I'm below fucking City ... bastards.
Dazzza

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 17:23:26 »

Notice that King's quota of players that he wants to sign is starting to diminish.

Six required before any player offered a contract departured, ten after all but Igoe, Duke and Smith had announced their intentions and we are now down to 4/5  depending if platt is announced tomorrow as one of the three.  A "possible" further two to follow.

Can't blame King (as much as I'd like to  :twisted: ) a cumulation of factors have really tied his hands.

Playing budget cut by estimated 250K
No enforced deadline on contracts offered
The ability so far to only offer one year deals

Add to the fact that it seems much more of a dry market overall than it has been in recent years it looks to have been hard going.

Really hope he can bring in a few more even if they do just amount to squad players as the transfer window could really screw us over if we get a few injuries/suspensions to key players.

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 17:46:25 »

That depends whether Shakes and Comyn Platt are included in the three players or not, if they aren't that would be 5 signings plus another two, maybe including one or two loanees, along with a couple of youth players making the step up and the squad would be a similar size to before.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 18:27:03 »

i look forward to finding out who those are tommoro aternoon when i wake up then  Soapy Tit Wank

unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 18:31:54 »

Lee Holmes on loan possibly?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 18:50:58 »

i would've thought from the wording that these are players for keeps, not loans?

unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 18:55:21 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
That depends whether Shakes and Comyn Platt are included in the three players or not, if they aren't that would be 5 signings plus another two, maybe including one or two loanees, along with a couple of youth players making the step up and the squad would be a similar size to before.

I was referring to Ben Wah's statement ie. that we might get a couple of loanees
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 19:08:13 »

ah rite sorry Tongue

Spud

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 19:08:48 »

Whats the betting that i wake up, put the net on and it says something like 'Igoe ponders new contract!'  :twisted:
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 19:11:54 »

I can give you 3/1 odds on that
Spud

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 19:12:59 »

Quote from: "nozza"
I can give you 3/1 odds on that

Oooooh yes please, stick me down for a tenner.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 19:14:05 »

any luck, it'll say "king tells free-loading cunt to fuck off" :twisted:

Spud

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 19:18:59 »

I'd prefer if he stuck his other eye together. Wink
magnum150

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 19:32:52 »

I just want somebody to sign, anyone, don't care who. Even if it is Igoe re-signing.

I need something to give me a reason to take that trip to Barnsley.

As for Omar Daley, never could get a work permit for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: