Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -vs- yeovil Town Matchday thread  (Read 41881 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 14:01:54 »

Ferry played a big part in us winning that fucking Charlton game. Now he's back on the bench. Have a word Wilson.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 14:08:28 »

The wind played a big part, very gusty, meant it was never going to be a good game. Took us a long time to get going in the first half. When we did we had the better of it.

Sending off was the major turning point. After that we just could get anywhere near their goal, which resulted in maximum crowd frustration.

I thought Prutton went missing. We lost the battle in midfield. Usually full of praise for Charlie, but he looked unfit yesterday and not that interested, it has a big effect because we are dependent on him. Rose is struggling, every game he plays.

On the plus side I thought Ritchie looked up for it, so no contract hangover from him. Defensively I thought the back 4 looked decent, and I think we would have kept them out if Rose hadnt been sent off. But a 0-0 draw was all we deserved. If we want to be winning games we need the full backs going forward.

I'm glad Rose is out for 3 games. Sheehan brings so much more to the table.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:14:44 »

Ferry played a big part in us winning that fucking Charlton game. Now he's back on the bench. Have a word Wilson.

Yep but Wilson cant win really can he....after the fine performance at Charlton he kept an unchanged team v Oldham(a shock to many)...and the performance put in by the players was dire..including Ferry.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #453 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:15:40 »

Yep but Wilson cant win really can he....after the fine performance at Charlton he kept an unchanged team v Oldham(a shock to many)...and the performance put in by the players was dire..including Ferry.

Fair point but others like Prutton don't get dropped.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:16:10 »

Yesterday was the first time I have put a foot into the Wilson out camp, and knowing that Gary Johnson is currently available makes me jump in with both feet.  As soon as he made the Ritchie sub yesterday that was it for me, I walked out 20 mins before the end knowing we would not get back into the game!

Wilson out, GJ in!

Oh, and heard that Amankwah is talking to Colchester yesterday

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:17:45 »

I like big Kev, shame he doesn't get a look in anymore.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #456 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:17:48 »

Yesterday was the first time I have put a foot into the Wilson out camp, and knowing that Gary Johnson is currently available makes me jump in with both feet.  As soon as he made the Ritchie sub yesterday that was it for me, I walked out 20 mins before the end knowing we would not get back into the game!

Wilson out, GJ in!

Yes he is, Going there on loan for a few months.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:26:23 »

Fair point but others like Prutton don't get dropped.

Yep....Ferry should have been on instead of Timlin without a doubt.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #458 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:29:36 »

Yep....Ferry should have been on instead of Timlin without a doubt.

Couldn't agree more, Ferry must have been right pissed off.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:33:47 »

Sacking Wilson now would be knee-jerk - you have to think he is capable of keeping this team up.  I know its in the past but the achievements of last season demonstrate he is capable of guiding us to success, even if he isn't showing it now.

31 points out of a possible 90 (including the last 6 games of last season) says it wouldn't be knee jerk. I'm not conviced in the slightest that he is capable of keping the team up, particularly if he's lost the dressing room which is looking more and more like that is the case.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:39:55 »

What's the word in Manks, is he fully fit then? I assume Wilson plain doesn't rate him given Derby last year and not featuring this?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:42:08 »

but Darby only came in when Kev was injured. He must have at some point rated him enough to go into last season with just Kev and Thompson as our right backs.

I think he just feels he has to play Caddis to prove his worth (same with Pericard and sometimes Prutton to)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:43:57 »

I heard Kev has been fit for a little while now.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:45:45 »

I think he just feels he has to play Caddis to prove his worth (same with Pericard and sometimes Prutton to)

Think that's a bit harsh on Caddis. From what I've seen he's been playing well last half a dozen games or so, don't think that's where our problems lie.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:45:51 »

but Darby only came in when Kev was injured. He must have at some point rated him enough to go into last season with just Kev and Thompson as our right backs.

True enough. Darby held his place when Manks recovered (final excepted). That may have been contractual out of respect to the Scousers I suppose.

Agree with the last point. To be fair I think Caddis is a decent enough player, just a bit lightweight for right back.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: