Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -vs- yeovil Town Matchday thread  (Read 41880 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 12:10:52 »

Oh yeah, it was Retro day!

I couldnt make up my mind what retro theme the players were?

Beamish - Malpas or McMoan when it went to rat shit!

Clems Army!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 12:12:14 »

What have Cuthbert and Dougie said regarding the dressing room??

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Spencer_White

« Reply #437 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 12:13:05 »

What have Cuthbert and Dougie said regarding the dressing room??

pleaded for unity.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 12:59:35 »

Sacking Wilson now would be knee-jerk - you have to think he is capable of keeping this team up.  I know its in the past but the achievements of last season demonstrate he is capable of guiding us to success, even if he isn't showing it now.

The Premier League managerial merry-go-round shows that chopping and changing more often that not leads to poor performances.  Manchester United and Arsenal did not become the established clubs they are by looking for a new manager after every poor result.  Give Wilson time, see where we end the season, and then decide on his future.

The sale of Morrison (and ultimately the sale of Austin) will allow Wilson to reinvest.  His signings on the whole have bee decent, even if they are not performing (or not been given the chance to perform) this season.  If we finish the season near the foot of the table, you have to hope he'll ring the changes.

I'm not happy with our inexplicable decline, I just don't see a preferable alternative.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 13:02:51 »

I know its in the past but the achievements of last season demonstrate he is capable of guiding us to success, even if he isn't showing it now.

You're not allowed to mention that any more. Bad Walrus No
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #440 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 13:09:37 »

Sacking Wilson now would be knee-jerk
Getting rid of him in November would have been knee jerk. Getting rid of him now isn't. We're playing shite, the players don't give a fuck, a lot of fans have stopped giving a fuck and the manager is offering nothing tangible in respect of turning things around.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #441 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 13:13:05 »

There's no doubt in my opinion that he's lost the dressing room and he's losing the fans.

Fitton will probably back him but the other board members could force his hand.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 13:13:13 »

Getting rid of him in November would have been knee jerk. Getting rid of him now isn't. We're playing shite, the players don't give a fuck, a lot of fans have stopped giving a fuck and the manager is offering nothing tangible in respect of turning things around.
well put sir

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 13:15:18 »

2 weeks back we gave one of our best televised performances ever....been shit since mind, but does provide some tangible evidence of what Wilson can achieve..
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #444 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 13:19:04 »

2 weeks back we gave one of our best televised performances ever....been shit since mind, but does provide some tangible evidence of what Wilson can achieve..
But the Charlton game and playing the big boys appear to be the blips rather than the bread and butter games. I was pro Wilson but the Bournemouth game swung it for me.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 13:19:21 »

I believe its what is saving him at the mo.....the odd corking result..

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 13:24:34 »

But the Charlton game and playing the big boys appear to be the blips rather than the bread and butter games. I was pro Wilson but the Bournemouth game swung it for me.

Let's see what Wilson can do in the rest of the window....this season is now a fight to stay in the league, making a change now would be a serious mistake, unless someone is already lined up, we've enough instability with the playing staff.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 13:34:28 »

Not read a single match report. Did I miss much yesterday ? Sounds like we were woeful ?

Was it an all round bad team performance? Any players paticulary bad?
Spencer_White

« Reply #448 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 13:49:50 »

Not read a single match report. Did I miss much yesterday ? Sounds like we were woeful ?

Was it an all round bad team performance? Any players paticulary bad?

The wind played a big part, very gusty, meant it was never going to be a good game. Took us a long time to get going in the first half. When we did we had the better of it.

Sending off was the major turning point. After that we just could get anywhere near their goal, which resulted in maximum crowd frustration.

I thought Prutton went missing. We lost the battle in midfield. Usually full of praise for Charlie, but he looked unfit yesterday and not that interested, it has a big effect because we are dependent on him. Rose is struggling, every game he plays.

On the plus side I thought Ritchie looked up for it, so no contract hangover from him. Defensively I thought the back 4 looked decent, and I think we would have kept them out if Rose hadnt been sent off. But a 0-0 draw was all we deserved. If we want to be winning games we need the full backs going forward.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 14:07:35 by Spencer_White » Logged
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 13:57:58 »

How badly does Prutton have to play before Wilson remembers how well Ferry and Douglas played  together last season?

The games Ferry has played, without setting the world alight he was done well in my opinion, considering he hasn't had a run of games this season?

I think he has been very unfairly treated this season, as has Timlin, who hasn't done much wrong when he has played.

I remember the Hartlepool fans saying Wilson has his favourites, and we can all see Prutton is one of them.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: