Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 95947 times)
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 15:16:52 »

He'll be gone, they might as well just try and get the best price

here's the man himself when you need him?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 15:45:52 »

If he is still here come Saturday...which looks highly likely...Is he going to get the Aaron Brown treatment? or are the fans going to stick by him?
DMR

« Reply #632 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 16:00:09 »

If he is still here come Saturday...which looks highly likely...Is he going to get the Aaron Brown treatment? or are the fans going to stick by him?

Aaron Brown got the treatment after gobbing off and making the wanker gesture to us during an absolutely woeful personal and team display away at Barnet, this is slightly different!
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 16:02:21 »

Aaron Brown got the treatment after gobbing off and making the wanker gesture to us during an absolutely woeful personal and team display away at Barnet, this is slightly different!

No I mean his close season comments and asking for a transfer..then he came back with his tail between his legs when no one wanted him!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 18:56:47 »

My dad got funny looks saturday for chanting greedy greedy austin
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #635 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 18:59:53 »

Obviously it is true, The club have gone silent, If it wasn't true they would have said so before now, Wilson has been very quiet this week as well.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 07:41:41 »

I'm still not convinced and that is nothing more than the media making something out of nothing. Also BBC Radio Swindon have reported on the radio that Andrew Fitton has said Charlie is likely to still be a town player come Feb 1st.

RJack

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 07:54:50 »

Just listened to Andrew Fittons whole interview and the future of the club sounds very promising.  The new stadium development could include a technology centre in the Arkells stand an idea by Andrew Black and well received by everyone.

Also Andrew Fitton & DW was in discussion with a player joining us before saturday although BBC Radio Swindon was iunable to get any indentity of the player. Andrew Fitton said he may not sign in time for saturday.

Andrew Fitton speaks very openly and honestly about Charlie Austin and he says nothing is 100% sure but he'd like to think Charlie will still be a Swindon Town player come Feb 1st,
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 07:56:22 by RJack » Logged
Doctor Bamber

« Reply #638 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 07:56:13 »

I cant see that us venting anger/frustration/whatever other emotion toward Charlie will make any sense at all this Sat.

Even if he does want to leave, I would rather see him up front at the gas than bloody pericard. half a Charlie is better than a whole Vince
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 09:00:56 »

I
I cant see that us venting anger/frustration/whatever other emotion toward Charlie will make any sense at all this Sat.

Even if he does want to leave, I would rather see him up front at the gas than bloody pericard. half a Charlie is better than a whole Vince

I agree, he's still our player at the moment and from what Fitton said could mean he still is unitl the Summer, so not point getting on his back is gonna help noone at this stage, even if we are a bit pissed off.  We don't really know what's been discussed and whats going on, would suprise me for him to suddenly sign a new contract, or to leave any day we get a decent offer.

Did sound encouraging on the new player front, from what Fitton said, something about going straight from the interview, presumably at AGM to a meeting with Player and Agent, who was driving down to meet him, didn't give anymore away.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 09:56:16 »

I was told on Saturday (from an allegedly reliable sauce) that he had already handed in a transfer request and as a result wouldn't play against Yeovil.

Well we now know the second part was bollocks, and without confirmation from either party there's no reason to believe that the first part isn't bollocks either.

I know we have a few fans (wankers) who like to boo our own players, but until he does leave (whether that be in two weeks or two years), we should support him and everyone else in a Town
shirt. 

At least save the booing until after the game.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 10:09:12 »

until he does leave (whether that be in two weeks or two years), we should support him and everyone else in a Town
shirt. 

At least save the booing until after the game.
Spot on. While they wearing the shirt, we back them.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 10:09:42 »

Well the doors to the championship are closing apparently Burnley are hoping to sign Everton's James Vaughan & QPR are expected to sign West Ham's Benni Macarthy are he played in a trial game and thre are not many clubs left that either need a striker or have that sort of money - will he end up humiliated when he has to stay here after trying to force a transfer
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 10:59:48 »

Well the doors to the championship are closing apparently Burnley are hoping to sign Everton's James Vaughan & QPR are expected to sign West Ham's Benni Macarthy are he played in a trial game and thre are not many clubs left that either need a striker or have that sort of money - will he end up humiliated when he has to stay here after trying to force a transfer

Don't worry about getting proof to substantiate rumour and Adver 'reports'.

It's All Good..............
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 11:28:29 »

All par for the course these days - Heard a rumour sometime ago that Rooney wanted out of United and Tevez wanted out at City...
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: