Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gradi on Parkin action  (Read 1294 times)
timmyg

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 10:26:39 »

From the BBC website:

Gradi rues missing out on Parkin

Gradi sees his targets go elsewhere
Crewe boss Dario Gradi admits the Alex could not compete financially as target Sam Parkin joined Ipswich.
Ipswich are believed to have paid about £750,000 for the Swindon striker, who Gradi had targeted last season.

Gradi told Crewe's website: "We were interested in him but while we could have competed with the fee, we couldn't match the wages he will be on.

"We're disappointed to to have lost out on him but I'm not surprised by the amount of clubs in for him."

Interesting...

never trust a nun...
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 10:28:33 »

All the figures on the local news around here tie in with that amount. I wouls guess though that some of it is linked to appearances, Ipswich getting promoted etc.
Papa Smurf

« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 10:55:46 »

I think all the 750K rumours just originate from that BBC report. I still believe the 450K rumour is probably the closest.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 15:46:20 »

The club have said that 750k was "way off the mark"

And it has also been said that there wil be installments depending on performance
Spencer_White

« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 16:32:41 »

Hopefully its all an intricate ploy by the board to rob Chelsea and the tax men of our well deserved cash. 750k, get in.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 16:58:46 »

If it was £750,000 it would have been disclosed-no doubt about it.They(STFC) think we're a bit thick.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 19:06:38 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
The club have said that 750k was "way off the mark"

And it has also been said that there wil be installments depending on performance

Remember, the Brighton Argus said Albion pulled out when Swindon asked for 700k - so I don't think 750 is way off the mark at all.

By the way, nobody at the club at all said it was 'way off the mark' (as you have quoted) - that was actually the Adver, which did not have a direct quote.

I refer you to this text:

The fee was undisclosed although reports quoting £750,000 are believed to be well wide of the mark.

.. which is clearly not direct from the club in any way, shape or form.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 09:12:48 »

I love this.  The adver claimed 750k was wide of the mark, now they're saying this:

A sell-on clause in the striker’s contract means the Premiership champions are entitled to around a third of the undisclosed fee paid by Ipswich to Town.

That would see cash-strapped Town having to hand the world’s richest club as much as £250,000.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a third of £250,000 ....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: