Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bob Holt on Attendances  (Read 4919 times)
Trowbridge Red

« on: Tuesday, December 7, 2004, 12:10:11 »

Taken from another site. Wink

“We’re virtually halfway through the season and our average gate is down by 1,000 from last year.

“We need the money now, so this television match, which could be worth the thick end of £100,000, is more than welcome.’’

Holt admits he is baffled as to the reason for the drop in attendances in this campaign, given what he sees as the excellent entertainment being served up by Andy King’s men.

He added: “Taking out the Notts County match, which was not particularly good, in the previous games it has been goals galore. If we were serving dross every week, I could understand it.

“I know there have been issues with prices, but I would say it has been good value recently.

What do you all make of that then? But £21 to £23 on the sides to watch 3rd Division football is very high.

The board have not helped king that much though in terms of squad sizes more out than in, very small squad. We all now there are player wages available. So where has that money gone??
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2004, 13:11:00 »

Marvellous isn't it, it can hardly be a surprise, that by upping the price they've reduced the gate.

Of course the situation has not been helped by the overload of Norvern monkeys in this league....last season we lost 3 going up who always bring a good away support....to be replaced by MK Dongs, Bradford and Walsall, non of whom will bring more than a couple of hundred.

Also lost was Wycombe, who normally bring maybe 500.
McLovin

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2004, 14:59:39 »

:Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick

Can't understand? What qulifies him to be our Cheif Exec then? Obviously never went to business school...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2004, 15:19:36 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
:Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick

Can't understand? What qulifies him to be our Cheif Exec then? Obviously never went to business school...

Mr Holt is only acting Chief Exec.....for.the rest of his stage career, he's the rear end of the half time Panto cow.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2004, 18:05:22 »

well, he also said that us losing mooney affected the gate... how!?  :roll:

im alright for now though for now as im still a child.
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2004, 23:58:50 »

The prices are rediculous. I can't understant why they keep putting the price up. It is simple, the lower the price (within reason) the more sales they make, and also it means there will be more fans there to provide a better atmosphere which can't do anyone any harm. It is a win win situation

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 14:12:00 »

If you take the time to do the maths, lowering the price to £20 means we have to get an average crowd of about 10,000 every week to improve on last year.
I think attendances would be increased by:
a) Keeping last season's prices
b) Giving the fans something to come and see
c) Realising that not everybody in Swindon is on the wages of a Cheif Exec.  Light Bulb
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 19:05:00 »

i recon they thought that the only people paying £21 last year were the hardcore, and that they still wouldnt be swayed by the extra £2.

officially blacker than the night.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: