Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A plan is needed  (Read 1034 times)
returnofthereds

« on: Monday, March 3, 2008, 13:53:03 »

There seems to be no plan of action during a match of what each player needs to do. i dont mean to score more goals than the other team either.
I don't want to compare players of old with what we have now because that is unfair,they are of a lower standard and thats fine.
But when we were a good team in the old Second Division all those years ago there was a plan for the team.
Digby would not hoof the ball upfield, he would roll it out to a defender, a midfielder would drop off and go and get it from them,he would then turn round then either look for a winger or a forward that has dropped short/or was unmarked.
Now I know we dont have Hazard or Walters anymore, but surely if MM sees Chris Allen as our ball/link man then at least lets play with him in that way. To be fair he looked ok on Sat. It was a hard game to play in as Leeds were a pretty big bunch.
But if he is to play then either Peacock or Easton needs to miss out.
There is no point  Craig Easton playing on the left or right,that is not where we get the most out of him.We have god knows how many wide men to play out there.
We just seem so disorganised and confused with no real aim.
We just seem to react to things rather than dictate.
When we played Walsall last week we noticed their plan straight away. Get hold of the ball then look for Holmes. It was straight to feet if he was unmarked, or over his shoulder to chase if there was space.It really isn't a hard game to play if you know what to do.
That is where a week of training comes into the plan.
After a week of training, surely our kepeper throwing it out to Vincent/ The Minge, Allen dropping in to collect then looking for Paynter/ McGovern/McNamee or whoever else is playing, that must sink in.Our players really aren't that bad, they just need to know their own game plan in the bigger scheme of things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: