Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil Town programme...  (Read 7852 times)
YeovilMac

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 21:10:31 »

Hi there,

Hope you're well and enjoying the season.... Clap

Just a quick request really. I need someone to answer a dozen questions on email but time is running out. The answers need to be 70-80 words EACH and three or four of them can be more brief than that.

Please email me at yeovilmac@yahoo.co.uk as soon as possible if you can reply via email and send a high res picture to me by 8pm tomorrow evening. First one to reply gets the gig and a free programme.

Best wishes

Martin
YTFC Media department
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 21:51:16 »

i sent you an email this morning did you not get it?
YeovilMac

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 08:16:12 »

I did, thanks, but it wasn't really suitable, sorry!

Anyone else want to get in on the act??   Hmmm
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 08:24:48 »

So it's not really first one to reply gets the gig then? It's the first one to reply that I like gets the gig.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 08:26:23 »

Let the public decide! Post it, and keep all the swearing in.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:02:43 »

I am going to do this under the guise of DRS.

Clems Army!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 12:14:51 »

Mex, were you showing your balls in the picture? 

Why not suitable?

Ugly fucker I know but thats a bit rich coming from Yeovil fans.

Never knowingly overstated.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 12:23:06 »

Starnes by any chance ?
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 12:43:08 »

not suitable?Huh?
hold on i will publish what i wrote.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 12:45:36 »

1. Iain Huddy
2. Age - 39
3. shoreham-by-sea west sussex
4. Fan since 1981

5. How did you become a Swindon Town fan? my dad and his family were QPR fans and he used to take me as a small boy but it became too expensive what with the travel up to London and the rise in ticket prices, so my neighbour offered to take me to see Swindon (the local team) i was hooked.

6. What has been the best moments as a Swindon fan? gaining promotion for the first time in our history to the top flight by beating Sunderland 1-0 at wembley.
7. And the worst? joint worst, the demotion the week after sunderland victory, however a couple of seasons back when the old regime nearly did a maidstone with us. Was a dark dark time when we were literally 24 hours from going under. thank god they are nowhere near our football club anymore.
8. How have you found things this season? inconsistent, there was definately a hangover from last season, but its frustrating more than anything, when we are firing on all cylinders we are easily in the top 3 or 4 in the division, but we seem to be misfiring an awful lot.
9. How do you think Swindon Town and Yeovil will fare this season? honestly think we will be in play off mix and yeovil will be mid table.
10. If you could pick one player from another League 1 team, who would you have and why? ricky lambert, just so we could stick the fat fucker in our reserves and let him rot.
11. Predict your top three and bottom four for the end of the season? top 3... brighton, swindon, peterborough, bottom 4 tranmere, rovers Smiley, dagenham, walsall.

12. Finally give me your all time Swindon Town XI, in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 formation.

gk fraser digby

back 4 of summerbee, calderwood, taylor, king

midfield, barnes, hoddle, kamara, rogers

up front fjortoft,cox.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 12:46:29 »

ok so maybe i shouldnt have called lambert fat but what is actually wrong with that?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 12:47:43 »

ok so maybe i shouldnt have called lambert fat but what is actually wrong with that?

Presumably the reference to the former regime...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 12:48:32 »

Presumably the reference to the former regime...

Hence my reference to Martyn Starnes Reg

He ended up at Yeovil
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 12:48:44 »

The answers are too short. He wanted 70-80 words per question.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 12:51:19 »

Its the Rickie Lambert bit that fucked it up!

I have sent mine in but no reply as yet.....

1. Name. Fred Elliot
2. Age 40
3. Lives (as in where) Warminster for many years but now settled in Calne.
4. Fan since 1979

5. How did you become a Swindon Town fan? Family thing! Dad took me in 79!
6. What has been the best moments as a Swindon fan? Obviously the promotion to the Premier League and the season in the big time. We finished bottom but as Lord Tennyson once wrote ‘Its better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.’,I loved it! Winning 3 zip at Leeds last season was fun but not getting back to the car afterwards!
7. And the worst? The double demotion after winning the playoffs to Division 1 in the early 90s’. More recently the spell with Malpas as manager and the ‘no show’ by the team in the Play Off final against Millwall.
8. How have you found things this season? Mixed bag, with no consistency. We can beat the top sides and lose to the bottom and its been frustrating for some fans who thought we would storm the league after reaching the Play Off final but football is’nt like that!
9. How do you think Swindon Town and Yeovil will fare this season? Still early days and the League this Season is very tight and a good or poor run can make a huge difference. For Swindon i predict a top ten finish and hopefully a good run in the LDV. For Yeovil i predict a mid table finish and another famous FA Cup scalp!
10. If you could pick one player from another League 1 team, who would you have and why? Wright Phillips of Plymouth. Quick, mobile and would be a great partner for Charlie Austin.
11. Predict your top three and bottom four for the end of the season? TOP: Wednesday – Brighton – Huddersfield in the Playoffs (please not Southampton!). BOTTOM: Daggers – Walsall – Hartlepool – Brentford.

12. Finally give me your all time Swindon Town XI, in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 formation.
 Fraser Digby
Colin Calderwood – Shaun Taylor – David Kerslake – Paul Bodin
Kevin Horlock – Ray McHale – John Moncur -
Don Rogers – Jan Fjortoft – Charlie Austin

Bench: Dave Syrett – Chris Kamara – John Gittens

Clems Army!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: