Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise Men Say - Episode 5 - S-Town, supporting JLS soon...  (Read 1941 times)
wisemensay

« on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 16:12:44 »

Episode 5 - S-Town, supporting JLS soon...

And we've reached Episode 5!! Match reviews in this episode include Rovers, Peterborough & Leyton Orient. Discussions include a hint of boybands, a healthy dose of americanisms as well as mentions of shoegazing. Also included are the predictions, the introduction of Europe Quest and "A Partner For Charlie".

Feel free to email us, wisemensay@live.co.uk

Please pass this on to anyone who you think would be interested in it  Smiley

http://wisemensaystfc.blogspot.com/2010/10/episode-4-s-town-supporting-jls-soon.html

Cheers
Wise Men Say
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 17:18:59 »

Just listened to this whilst I was playing football manager. Much better than the first episode which is the only other one I tried to listen to. Managed to talk about a bit more than the games and kept it interesting. I'll probably give the next one a listen now as a result.

Not too keen on the impromptu catchphrase type things in the background though. Kinda reminded me of this:

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 18:01:15 »

Also, that Ben chap sounds a bit like Ed Milliband
wisemensay

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 12:27:40 »

Cheers Si. We think it's getting there, certainly better than it was. It's a confidence thing really, maybe that's all it is
with O'Brien as well...?! Feel a bit bad slating him as I'd love to see him do well. He strikes me as having a slightly
unconventional, but capable, technique and I was thinking lately that if his confidence is shot then slating him probably doesn't help. But you've got to call it like you see it. Not that he has heard them anyway, and not that he'd care if he had!

It's Ben who posts the links up on here but this is Robin logging in as I wanted to laugh at the Milliband thing - so hahaha!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 12:29:05 »

Knew you'd post sooner or later  Cheesy

Like the podcast tho
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 20:25:05 »

It's Ben who posts the links up on here but this is Robin logging in as I wanted to laugh at the Milliband thing - so hahaha!

Haha ace!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 20:45:59 »

Dave Syrett was co-commentating.

First one of these I've listened to, actually very good considering. Without sounding too anal, the audio is actually very clear which really helps it sound less amateur.
wisemensay

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 13:13:28 »

Damn you Robin....can I report him somehow?

Cheers Nemo, not wanting to get too technical but changing to a condenser mic has helped for me, as I have a tendency to mumble and talk away from the mic. For the first few episodes I had to do lots of editing to get audio levels consistent, so I was worried that it would be noticeable, but glad to hear that the audio is clear!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: