Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Torquay United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26653 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 08:52:51 »

Thought I would have a go starting one of these as I never have before.  Fancy us to bounce back and win 3-1 tonight with an encouraging display from Ritchie which will boost everyone!
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 09:07:50 »

2-0 and it's a must win game and game where we need to play well and bring back a bit of confidence.

Those who are going dont forget it's a 7pm kick off.
Jean-Francois is God

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 09:24:57 »

The game tonight now becomes very important and I am sure that Wilson will put out a pretty strong team tonight, mainly to progress through to the next round but to also bounce back from the previous two games.  My starting XI for tonight would be...

Lucas, Thompson, Morrison, Cuthbert, Rose, McGovern, Douglas, Ferry, Ritchie, Pericard & Ball.

Amankwaah didnt play well on Saturday and looked like he was carrying a knock so could do him good to miss out tonight and would be useful to hand Thompson his debut.  Depending on the game situation you could bring on the likes of Evans in midfield, O'Brien on the left and Bodin up top (probably for Pericard).

Touch wood a Town win and a much better performance that was dished up on Saturday at Dagenham.  I will go for an attendance of 3,824.  Now for the tricky decision.......Arkells or Town End?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 09:25:11 »

1-1 draw might scrape thro with penalties.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Barry Scott

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 09:27:50 »

Those who are going dont forget it's a 7pm kick off.

Didn't know that. With me being as late as I often am, it's entirely possible that I could have turned up as it finished.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 09:48:47 »

Anyone heading for The Merlin before the match? I've got the day off and I'm hoping a decent session on the 'Bow will get me over this nasty cold/vomiting/GRID episode I'm currently suffering with.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 09:59:17 »

Anyone heading for The Merlin before the match? I've got the day off and I'm hoping a decent session on the 'Bow will get me over this nasty cold/vomiting/GRID episode I'm currently suffering with.

Not going to make it back in time for this  Sad

will have to make do with Vic and the comedian
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 10:27:06 »

Missed DAggers as picking my mum up from the airport as she has come over from Canada so will be going tonight. Very important game for Town. A decent 4-0 win would do our confidence a world of good. Ball to score please?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 10:34:32 »

The game tonight now becomes very important and I am sure that Wilson will put out a pretty strong team tonight, mainly to progress through to the next round but to also bounce back from the previous two games.  My starting XI for tonight would be...

Lucas, Thompson, Morrison, Cuthbert, Rose, McGovern, Douglas, Ferry, Ritchie, Pericard & Ball.

Amankwaah didnt play well on Saturday and looked like he was carrying a knock so could do him good to miss out tonight and would be useful to hand Thompson his debut.  Depending on the game situation you could bring on the likes of Evans in midfield, O'Brien on the left and Bodin up top (probably for Pericard).

Touch wood a Town win and a much better performance that was dished up on Saturday at Dagenham.  I will go for an attendance of 3,824.  Now for the tricky decision.......Arkells or Town End?

I'm going Town End. Will try for my season ticket seat I think
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 10:59:23 »

I'm in the Arkells tonight.

3-0 to Town.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 11:05:48 »

Town End For Me!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 11:06:30 »

Usual accurate preview from the BBC - Spot the errors.

'Swindon loan signing Matt Ritchie could play, but midfielder David Prutton serves the second of a three-game ban.

Paul Caddis is on international duty with Scotland Under-21s while Thomas Dossevi is away with Togo for the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

Mark Ellis is set to continue in Torquay's defence following his return from injury against Shrewsbury.

Fringe players Damon Lathrope and Wayne Carlisle could also feature as boss Danny Wilson looks to rotate'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sussex

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 11:36:32 »

I feel a hat-trick coming on.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 11:45:49 »

I feel a hat-trick coming on.

Best you get your playing boots on then Paul if you are feeling that good!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 11:58:38 »

its going to be a close run thing to get to this from work.

2-1 Town.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: