Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Wilson may give Morrison a chance  (Read 14476 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, August 20, 2010, 20:37:52 »

Sorry leefer, but what we got for Greer was not peanuts by any stretch.  I'm not saying it has been of benefit to us on the pitch.  What I was saying is that to the directors (and especially Mr Fitton) have put their hands deep in to their pockets for this club, and when someone offers them the profit they made on Greer, I understand exactly why they accepted the bid.

Dave - fair enough, I did think he was older.  I still stand by the opinion though.  The directors are people, just like you and me - they will not pay for the club to continue forever.  Perhaps this was a case of the long term overriding the short term.

Agree to disagree then mate.
We got Austin for peanuts so your argument suggests if we get a bid of say half a million its good business and we should sell?
It really wasn't al ot of money we got for Greer...he's hardly an old man.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, August 20, 2010, 21:25:55 »

Greer wanted a longer contract which we weren't prepared to offer him and Brighton were. We accepted £250k for him so we didn't have a pissed off player who would most likely leave on a free at the end of the season.

Only time will tell who got the best deal. Though I reckon we did, as I don't see there being much chance of him playing the majority of games for them over the three years on his contract. He hasn't made a good start either.
Meth Test

« Reply #77 on: Friday, August 20, 2010, 21:42:49 »

I can't see how a board of directors who put £8mn plus cash into clearing debts would feel that £250k for your club captain is big bucks. I'm pretty sure we sold Greer for personality reasons not footballing/financial ones. We clearly have a very wealthy board and don't need the money from any player sales this year after Wembley (and after getting good money for young Alex Henshall).

The decision to sell Greer can only really be viewed sensibly at the end of the year.

Whether we like it or not we've lost our top scorer and captain and (understandably) outsiders see us as weaker. It doesn't mean we won't finish top six though.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, August 20, 2010, 21:52:29 »

I can't see how a board of directors who put £8mn plus cash into clearing debts would feel that £250k for your club captain is big bucks.

Don't be so fucking stupid. £250k is a fucking shit load of money when you're losing £3 million a season.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, August 20, 2010, 22:21:42 »

Don't be so fucking stupid. £250k is a fucking shit load of money when you're losing £3 million a season.

No its not Sam...we would have been better off keeping Greer for the season and going for the Championship...chances are if we got there he would have signed anyway.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 06:17:26 »

We will get a replacement who is better than Greer

Somebody please poke meth violently in the eyes because he is a fucking muppet.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 06:20:59 »

I can't see how a board of directors who put £8mn plus cash into clearing debts would feel that £250k for your club captain is big bucks. I'm pretty sure we sold Greer for personality reasons not footballing/financial ones. We clearly have a very wealthy board and don't need the money from any player sales this year after Wembley (and after getting good money for young Alex Henshall).

The decision to sell Greer can only really be viewed sensibly at the end of the year.

Whether we like it or not we've lost our top scorer and captain and (understandably) outsiders see us as weaker. It doesn't mean we won't finish top six though.

Their plan has always been to make the club self-sufficient, not bank-roll it indefinitely. As previously (And at length) stated, Greer wanted to go. He's gone. Fuck him, let's move on.

It's All Good..............
Barry Scott

« Reply #82 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 07:23:24 »

Ace! Another riveting Greer debate. I think give Cuthbert and Lex another few games, as they've only been partners for a few weeks. Morrison hoofs it too much for my liking, but how SC and LJF will settle if one of them is swapped out for Morrison is beyond me. Both SC and LJF are better than Greer in my opinion, just lacking the organisational ability Greer brought to the party.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 08:49:07 »

Ace! Another riveting Greer debate. I think give Cuthbert and Lex another few games, as they've only been partners for a few weeks. Morrison hoofs it too much for my liking, but how SC and LJF will settle if one of them is swapped out for Morrison is beyond me. Both SC and LJF are better than Greer in my opinion, just lacking the organisational ability Greer brought to the party.

JFL is 100% not better than Greer, maybe in a few years but nowhere near it now.  I don't think we can keep giving the Cuthbert/Lescinel partnership more time if we are serious about promotion, for the good of the team we need an experienced centre half to organise the younger players.  It has been clear from the first few games that there is no understanding between Cuthbert and Lescinel, they have both played well as individuals but they barely talk to each other, they don't speak to the full backs to keep them in the right positions, they look if anything a bit disjointed.  I am delighted Wilson can see these issues and is out trying to find a new experienced centre half.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: