Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -V- Brighton & Hove Albion Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35471 times)
glos_robin

« Reply #255 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:29:58 »

Ref was the cunt who gave us fuck all at Colchester last season, and happily missed an blatant push on Sheehan, and a blatant offside which led to Colchester's first goal.

It was the 3-2 match at Colchester he was the ref for during the season before last, not last year
Spud

« Reply #256 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:30:40 »

STFC_Gazza, you're a Cunt for suggesting that O'Brien looked 'lively' when he came on. For a winger, his positional sense is a complete joke! Rose was looking for the wide man and all he had was O'Brien inside!!
Barry Scott

« Reply #257 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:31:26 »

I remember one of their defenders, hands on Charlie's shoulders, going up for a headerl. They both went down as Charlie collapsed and the ref gave it Brighton's way. I wanted to murder that cunt. Bennett is a fucking knob as well. I'd like to stab him.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:40:04 »

Not as angry as I'd normally be at such a poor performance.

First games are quite often poor spectacles and this was no exception.

We lost, we move on.

It's All Good..............
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #259 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:42:18 »

Yes, as far as I could tell from the DRS. Charlie got booked for dribbling the ball past a Brighton player?
That was a justified yellow. Austin's first touch was shit and when the Brighton player won the ball Charlie went in late - a bit of frustration coming out I think .
stfcinbmth

« Reply #260 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:42:53 »

So by the sounds of it it's all the refs fault. The ref we had at Poole during the week, god knows who it was, was supposedly a FL referee and he was anonymous you didn't even know he was there. Not the case today obviously
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:48:10 »

Dont think you can read to much into the result and performance.

Dosevvi is clearly not match fit, and once he has more minutes under his belt, i think him and Charlie will be a potent strike partnership.

Caddis is highly rated, so no doubt his inclusion in our team will only improve it.

I think Perricard needs a run of games in the team before we can question whether he is good enough.  It may just be our style of play does not complement Pericards.  Who knows ?  

Only thing i'm worried about is the fact that when we go a goal down, it doesnt look like we will come back and win the game.  We are missing that Brian Howard or Sammie Igoe player who can unlock the oposing team with a killer pass.  Brighton were well organised and we just struggled to break them down.

I think the first goal in all of our games will be crucial.  If we go a goal down then the best we will probably achieve is a draw.  If we go 1-0 up,  then the worst we will achieve is a draw.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:49:45 »

I still can't believe the bloke behind me though that a Yellow for Ankergren was the correct decision as there were two men covering behind him! Utter shite IMO.

But if there were two men covering, it was the correct decision wasn't it?
Panda Paws

« Reply #263 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:51:09 »

But th
But if there were two men covering, it was the correct decision wasn't it?

But there wasn't two men covering, that's the point isn't it. Austin looked ahead of their back four, and would have scored if he wasn't brought down
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 20:02:15 »

Dissapointing result but im not too concerned.

I felt our passing game wasn't great today, and no-one wanted to show for the ball. We didnt create enough. Altough saying that neither did Brighton, they had 1 chance and took that and one very good long range strike.

I was dissapointed with Rose today - too much hoofball but i think that could have been down with the fact he had no options.

I was extremley impressed with Lecs today, thought he had a great game, one of his best in a town shirt, he looks so much more comftable at CB.

I thought Dossevi was very promosing in the first half, held the ball up well and it was good for Charlie to get a goal aswell. Pericard - how many more chances can we give him? He just didn't seem to want to put the effort in, i think the next couple of games could be very decisive in his town career.

Douglas and Prutton cannot play in the same team together, they both want to play the same position, so we had no runners going forward and no-one to pick up the lose ball when it dropped in the final third.

JPM seemed a bit below par aswell imo, didnt seem to have that 'link' he usually has with Manks, came inside far too often, never gave Manks an option.

I dont think Ball is a left winger, but time will tell.

And the ref, what a joke. I can honestly say i think it was one of the worst referee's and two of the worst assistants i have ever seen officiate a game, the football league really should be looking at that performance.

Yes it was dissapointing, but not disasterous. Look at what happened last season. A season isn't decided in one game. Orient on Tuesday is very important, we need a good performance. And the attendance was good aswell.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 20:02:40 »

Ref was shit, match was uninspiring.  Brighton Im sure will be crowing about how fantastic they are.  They really weren't much good.  For a team the fans claim will pass everyone in the league off the park, they really need to pass better.  Mind you so do we at times.

Never mind.  Better than last years opener.  Marathon not a sprint etc etc etc.  

Never knowingly overstated.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 21:14:04 »

On todays evidence Ferry should get the nod over Prutton every time

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Meth Test

« Reply #267 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 21:18:29 »

I wasn't at the game today but am interested to know if Pericard was as bad as last season.

A few years ago he outmuscled and outpaced Rio Ferdinand in a cup tie for Portsmouth. That seems a long, long time ago from what I've seen of him in his outings in our colours.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 21:21:41 »

I wasn't at the game today but am interested to know if Pericard was as bad as last season.

A few years ago he outmuscled and outpaced Rio Ferdinand in a cup tie for Portsmouth. That seems a long, long time ago from what I've seen of him in his outings in our colours.

I don't think he was particularly good or bad today. He held the ball up ok but we spent too long playing long balls up to him then offering no support. What is he supposed to do?!
Meth Test

« Reply #269 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 21:23:27 »

I take your point but his work rate and movement have been pretty much risible in most outings I've seen. I think Wilson sees him as an impact sub but the thing with that is you've actually got to fucking move around a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: