Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Digital TV Tuning Question  (Read 1014 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 19:08:00 »

I have a TV with built in freeview but ever since the changeover I don't have ITV3 or ITV4. Does anyone know why?

Ta. x
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 19:09:47 »

Unless you're a big fan of Poirot or touring cars, is this even an issue?

Things get better but they never get good
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 19:11:23 »

Yes, it is  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 19:29:02 »

So you used to get it, but now you don't?

Have you re-scanned/re-installed the TV since the switchover? Remember it was done in 2 stages over a week  or so, so you'll have need to retune after the latter.

Do you live in Swindon or elsewhere. If you are on a 'border' of two digital areas you may need to manually tune. Alternatively you may just not be able to get it any more! There are several more stages to go and you may need to wait until next switchover for it to be restored.

I guess you don't want to put your post code up here, but check the digital TV website to see what channels you should receive:

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/

If you put in your post code and house number, then pick which transmitter  you are tuned in to, then you can dig down and see which channels you should be able to get at each stage of the changeovers.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 19:32:15 by Batch » Logged
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 19:39:16 »

So you used to get it, but now you don't? No, used to be analogue (never received ITV3 or 4 before or now)

Have you re-scanned/re-installed the TV since the switchover? Remember it was done in 2 stages over a week  or so, so you'll have need to retune after the latter. Yep, did that correctly (I hope)

Do you live in Swindon or elsewhere. If you are on a 'border' of two digital areas you may need to manually tune. Alternatively you may just not be able to get it any more! There are several more stages to go and you may need to wait until next switchover for it to be restored.

I guess you don't want to put your post code up here, but check the digital TV website to see what channels you should receive:

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/

If you put in your post code and house number, then pick which transmitter  you are tuned in to, then you can dig down and see which channels you should be able to get at each stage of the changeovers.

Ah, I am on the Calne transmitter (18 channels), looks like I would have to change to the Mendip one (59 channels) to get what I want. Cheers Batch  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: