Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Duplication  (Read 1022 times)
FlashGordon

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 20:18:53 »

Not a rant at king as i believe he does bring in some good players but once again his interviews leave alot to be desired - well seems he just talks bullshit alot/most of the time.

He said either today or yesterday he is waiting to see the players that stay/leave because his budget doesnt allow him to have 'duplication' in the squad - bit of a hypercritcal (sp?!) statement when you consider...

He wants to get Paul Mitchel - a RB by trade when we already have Jenkins and Lapham. Unless we want a team of ultility players as he gets pushed into midfield?

Ricky Shakes - a right winger i believe? Already agreed to sign before he knows the Igoe situation, surely if he stays that will create 'duplication' in this position as well?

Believe me im not having a moan at him as i know we need a squad with cover for injuries etc but just thought was strange he said this then chases players for positions already filled?

Just a brief note King - we need central midfielders...possibly a left winger? Possibly 2 'keepers?! surely plug the gaps before all else!

Come on YOU REDS!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 21:01:19 »

Mitchell's a central midfielder and Igoe's not strictly a right winger anyway.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 21:48:35 »

What Sonic said, plus by duplication he means two quality players competing for one place in the team e.g.: two good right backs.  Kyle Lapham is a player fresh of the YTS scheme and will be on a couple of hundred a week if lucky.  Mitchell is a midfield player, to steel it up and I think would make for a decent, solid but probably unspectacular signing.  However, it is that type of player which can make the difference between mid-table or playoffs (and mid-table and relegation :|)

Shakes is a utility player and similar to Igoe I agree, but they can both feature in the team.  King also likes to dumb down the resources we have, perhaps to instill a backs-against-the-wall gritty mentality amongst the players.  I'm sure the board love him saying his frustrations about the crap finances in the media every week!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: