Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: vuvuzela  (Read 25075 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 08:41:50 »

I think anyone who moans about them are completely selfish. It's the SA world cup, and that's how they create an atmosphere. It's something different and although not everyone likes it, it's their choice. I say let them be.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 09:00:29 »

I think anyone who moans about them are completely selfish. It's the SA world cup, and that's how they create an atmosphere. It's something different and although not everyone likes it, it's their choice. I say let them be.

Yes, the WC is in South Africa, but it's not just about them, but also the other 31 nations competing. The WC is all about hearing and experiencing contrasting cultures and sounds at different matches. At the moment all we can hear is horns and nothing else even when South Africa is not playing.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 09:17:05 »

Compromise needed.  These things should be banned for the first 15 mins of each game across the board.  Anyone blowing one would be ejected immediately.

And then, 15 minutes in, if the atmosphere feels like it did at Wembley two weeks ago...bring out the fog horns and let rip.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #108 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 09:21:59 »

Yes, the WC is in South Africa, but it's not just about them, but also the other 31 nations competing. The WC is all about hearing and experiencing contrasting cultures and sounds at different matches. At the moment all we can hear is horns and nothing else even when South Africa is not playing.
Have you heard any fan's at the actual games moaning? I havn't,this is the biggest sporting event the country has ever had and they are making the most of it.

The fact is from the pictures i have seen on TV it's not just the south africans who have them anyway all the supporters seem to be using them.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #109 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 09:23:54 »

I normally watch all of the World Cup. Cant watch it with those horns. Sounds like a bees nest has been hit by some chav with a stick. Cant watch it in Silence. IMO make them ok for South Africa's games but no ones elses. I know many people who cannot watch the world cup due to those things
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 09:26:30 »

haha, you all sounds like old grannies moaning over a cup of tea.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 09:30:04 »

THey are fucking annoying  Yes

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 09:30:08 »

I saw you yesterday DRS buying one from sainsburys...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 09:34:13 »

Can't believe Si Pie won't embrace their culture.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 09:39:05 »

They're moaning about them on This Morning now! Apparently people have started selling earplugs outside the grounds.

(Why I'm watching This Morning is a whole different issue)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #115 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 09:44:07 »

I saw you yesterday DRS buying one from sainsburys...
I was getting one to blow in the back of Taxis. To be honest this lot on here(not you sippo) just enjoy moaning about everything.

The Pundits
The Horns
The Commentators

Put it on fucking silent then it isn't hard.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 09:51:37 »

It's the SA world cup, and that's how they create an atmosphere. It's something different and although not everyone likes it, it's their choice. I say let them be.

Ok then, so if we get the 2018 WC we can start flinging patio chairs about because it's the English WC and that's what we do?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 09:53:03 »

I normally watch all of the World Cup. Cant watch it with those horns. Sounds like a bees nest has been hit by some chav with a stick. Cant watch it in Silence. IMO make them ok for South Africa's games but no ones elses. I know many people who cannot watch the world cup due to those things

What a stupid pathetic excuse. 

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 09:53:45 »

Ok then, so if we get the 2018 WC we can start flinging patio chairs about because it's the English WC and that's what we do?
Yeh. And whenever Spain host it we should ignore the racist chanting, it's part of their football culture.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 10:01:38 »

I'm kind of immune to the noise now, just kind of got used to it. Would rather listen to them than 90 minutes of Clive Tildsley (I know its not spelt like that)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: