Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: vuvuzela  (Read 25119 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 20:02:42 »

They are currently cumming in their pants about the germans.  They just cant fucking shut up for more than 3 seconds without having to throw in some pointless little snippet of information.

I wish they'd turn the bloody horns up.

Never knowingly overstated.
Doore

« Reply #91 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 21:45:32 »

...Yes, it is.

You're the only one that seems to be sticking up for them (apart from Billy Shears, but he's a cunt and is obviously just going against the popular opinion for "comedic affect").

Yep, that's me.  I really, really hate the noise, but said I don't mind it to annoy you, Samdy.  I really hate you, you see.

Or - I don't see what the fuss is about. 
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 21:49:32 »

I really hate you, you see.

The feeling's mutual x x x
Talk Talk

« Reply #93 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 22:06:42 »

I'm really not bothered either way about the horns.

Mainly because I haven't watched a single match yet  Cheesy
Doore

« Reply #94 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 22:09:12 »

I'm really not bothered either way about the horns.

Mainly because I haven't watched a single match yet  Cheesy

I have to ask TT - do you actually like football?
Talk Talk

« Reply #95 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 22:11:13 »

I have to ask TT - do you actually like football?

I love my team. Just meh about everything else. Premiership, England blah blah blah.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 22:25:25 »

I love my team. Just meh about everything else. Premiership, England blah blah blah.
Despite what the tabs would have you believe, the World Cup is not exclusively about England or even the Premiership. England aside (I'm increasingly with you on that), it's a bloody great tournament and I don't understand how any football fan could not want to watch as much of it as they could.

[disclaimer]This is solely my opinion, I don't claim it has any validity outside of my own ears and I am in no way seeking to disparage anyone else's chosen method of watching/enjoying football and/or blowing big plastic trumpets[/disclaimer]
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 22:30:34 »

Due to work I am going to miss my first game of the tournament tomorrow, and what a cracker it could be Holland v Denmark.
Doore

« Reply #98 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 22:32:20 »

Despite what the tabs would have you believe, the World Cup is not exclusively about England or even the Premiership. England aside (I'm increasingly with you on that), it's a bloody great tournament and I don't understand how any football fan could not want to watch as much of it as they could.

[disclaimer]This is solely my opinion, I don't claim it has any validity outside of my own ears and I am in no way seeking to disparage anyone else's chosen method of watching/enjoying football and/or blowing big plastic trumpets[/disclaimer]

Agreed.  It's football - from across the world.  I don't see how any football fan wouldn't be fascinated.  If I could watch every single match, not missing a minute, I would.  In fact, four years ago I did exactly that.  Unfortunately, I'm now a grown up, and will be working through many of the games.  I cannot imagine choosing to not watch a game though.
Talk Talk

« Reply #99 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 22:35:29 »

I don't understand how any football fan could not want to watch as much of it as they could.

Paul, that assumes that all 'football fans' are absolute. As in if you drive past a park where a bunch of 10 year olds are playing with jumpers for goals you will pull over and watch.

Why does being a 'fan' make you an extremist who must watch football at every opportunity? That's like saying that because I like Indian food, I had also better like Chinese, Italian, Spanish etc. Or if I am passionate about my old British motorbike then I should cream my boxers over every new exotic piece of metal dreamed up by Ducati.

Nope. I am a fan of Swindon Town. It stops there. I'm happy with it. Ok?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 22:36:47 »

I never used to watch much of the tournaments, just the England games. Can't get enough of it now though, watching every minute of every game I can and all the other coverage on BBC. Keeping strictly to the 90 minutes with ITV games on account of their coverage being shit and that cunt Corden.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 22:51:56 »

I can see where Talk Talk is coming from, even if I don't feel the same myself. His interest lies in watching Swindon Town. He's not into football as a generalised whole, but enjoys being a fan (and thus a part) of a specific club, namely STFC.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 22:55:50 »

I am a fan of Swindon Town. It stops there. I'm happy with it. Ok?
Absolutely fine. Which is why I put in the disclaimer bit saying that was just how I felt and should be taken as having no more validity than that. I find your attitude puzzling tbh but no more so than I do people who don't like football. I don't understand them, they don't understand me, doesn't make either one "right" or "wrong". Vive la difference and all that.
flammableBen

« Reply #103 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 01:32:14 »

I don't really get realise what the fuss is about, although 'vuvuzela' does sounds like slang for an STI.
Plumstead Red
Formerly Arkells Chris

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 08:29:45 »

Can the broadcasters block out the sound of the vuvuzuelas and just have the commentary going? I suppose the media have a massive centre at all these stadiums and BBC/ITV teams have got seats reserved and so they wouldn't be prepared to do this.

I'm turning the sound down at the moment.

I'm loving the South African and Ghanaian dancing after they score their goals at the moment!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: